|Oracle Call Interface Programmer's Guide, Volumes 1 & 2
Basic OCI Concepts
This part of the guide contains chapters that describe basic OCI programming concepts:
- Chapter 1, "Introduction and New Features", provides an introduction to the OCI and discusses features that are new to release 8.0.
- Chapter 2, "OCI Programming Basics", discusses the basic concepts of OCI programming.
- Chapter 3, "Datatypes", describes datatypes used in OCI applications and within the Oracle8 Server.
- Chapter 4, "SQL Statement Processing", discusses how to process SQL statements using the Oracle8 OCI.
- Chapter 5, "Binding and Defining", discusses bind and define operations in detail.
- Chapter 6, "Describing Schema Metadata", discusses the OCIDescribeAny() function.
- Chapter 7, "OCI Programming Advanced Topics", covers some advanced topics in OCI programming.