Entering Invoice Batches
You can use batches to:
- Enter invoice defaults at the batch level that override system or supplier site defaults for all invoices in the batch.
- Maximize accuracy by tracking variances between the control invoice count and total and the actual invoice count and total resulting from your invoice entry.
- Easily locate a batch on-line and review the name of the person who created the batch and the date it was created.
Group unentered invoices into batches.
Establish a systematic naming convention to help you locate batches. For example, you may want to include in your batch name the date or the initials of the person who entered the batch.
Suggestion: If you file physical documents by batch name, a systematic naming convention will facilitate retrieval.
To enter an invoice batch:
1. In the Invoice Batches window enter a unique Batch Name. This name will appear on your reports and will help you locate the batch online.
2. Enter the number of invoices in the batch in the Control Count field.
Enter the sum of invoice amounts in the batch in the Control Total field.
Payables tracks variances between the Control Count and Total and the Actual Count and Total as you enter invoices.
Warning: If there is a discrepancy, Payables warns you when you exit a batch but it does not prevent Approval and payment of the individual invoices within a batch. You can make a correction immediately, or you can adjust the invoice batch later.
3. Enter any Invoice Defaults you want for the invoices. Defaults include: Currency, Type, Document Category, Hold Name, Liability Account, Payment Terms, Pay Group, GL Date, and Hold Reason. These defaults override system and supplier site defaults. Of course, you can override these defaults as you enter individual invoices.
4. Choose the Invoices button and enter the invoices.
Invoice Batches Window Reference
Adjusting Invoice Batches