Choosing a Responsibility
If you are an authorized user of Oracle Applications, one of two things occurs after you sign on to Oracle Applications:
A responsibility is a level of authority in Oracle Applications that lets you access only those Oracle Applications functions and data appropriate to fulfill your role in an organization. Each responsibility allows access to:
- A window containing a list of responsibilities appears.
- A specific application or applications, such as Oracle General Ledger or Oracle Planning.
- A set of books, such as U.S. Operations or German Sales or an organization, such as New York Manufacturing or New York Distribution.
- A restricted list of functions you can perform. For example, two responsibilities may have access to the same window, but one responsibility's window may have additional function buttons that the other responsibility's window does not have.
Each user has at least one or more responsibilities and several users can share the same responsibility.
- Reports in a specific application; your system administrator can assign groups of reports to one or more responsibilities, so the responsibility you choose determines the reports you can submit.
If your system administrator assigns you just one responsibility, upon signing on, you go directly to the Navigate window for that responsibility. The Responsibilities window appears only if your system administrator assigns more than one responsibility to you.
To choose a responsibility:
- Use the [Up arrow] and [Down arrow] keys to select a value and press [Return].
- Use your mouse to select a value and choose OK.
- Double-click your mouse directly on a value to choose it.
A Navigate window appears displaying the name of the responsibility you choose. You are now ready to start working.
Using a List of Values
Changing Your Security Access