Creating Column Headings
You define the column headings for a report within the related column set. You can create custom column headings or modify default headings to meet your specific reporting needs. Your column headings can be static, or you can use relative headings to create dynamic column headings whose content changes depending on the period you specify when you run the report.
Note: You can also create and edit column headings with the Column Set Builder.
To create column headings:
1. Navigate to the Column Set window.
2. Query a column set Name.
3. Choose Create Heading.
4. (Optional) Choose Create Default Heading to modify the default column headings. FSG builds default headings based on the amount type and period offset defined for your columns. If no amount types or period offsets are defined, the default heading displays your runtime period.
5. Enter or change the heading for each column, using the displayed ruler as a guide. If desired, you can enter relative headings to create dynamic column headings. See: Relative Headings
Note: The ruler appears above the heading, displaying X's for allocated character positions and spaces, 9's for number positions, and periods for the required minimum one space between each column. These settings are determined automatically from the starting positions and format masks of your column definitions.
6. Choose Apply to save your heading and continue working in this window.
7. Choose OK to save your work and close the column headings window.
Using the Column Set Builder
Defining Column Sets
Overview of Financial Statement Generator