Defining Summary Accounts
General Ledger uses summary templates to create summary accounts, whose balances are the sums of multiple detail accounts. Use summary accounts to perform online summary inquiries, as well as to speed the processing of financial reports, MassAllocations, and recurring journal formulas.
You specify when you want General Ledger to begin maintaining your summary account balances. You can also assign budgetary control options to a summary template for which you want to perform summary level budgetary control.
When you delete a summary template, General Ledger deletes all summary accounts created from that template and their associated balances.
Define your account segments
Define your rollup groups
To define a new summary account template:
1. Navigate to the Summary Accounts window.
2. Enter a Name for the summary account template.
4. Enter the Earliest Period for which you want General Ledger to maintain your actual, encumbrance and budget summary account balances. General Ledger maintains summary account balances for this accounting period and for subsequent periods.
5. If you are using budgetary control for your set of books, set the budgetary control options for the summary template.
6. Save your work. General Ledger submits a concurrent request to add the summary accounts, and displays the Status of your summary template.
Planning Your Summary Accounts
Creating a Summary Account Template
Setting the Summary Account Budgetary Control Options
Defining Sets of Books
Defining Key Flexfields
Defining Rollup Groups
Defining Segment Values