Generate Draft Invoices
This process creates invoices from expenditure items and events. In addition to regular invoice generation, this process deletes unreleased draft invoices, and creates invoice write-offs, credit memos, and invoice cancellations.
Note: An automatic event created by billing extensions after an adjustment must include the number of the original event. Without this information, Oracle Receivables cannot autoinvoice the automatic event. If Oracle Projects does not find this value during the invoice generation process, it will display the following message in the log file: "Cannot find a proper inv line credited for this adjusted event." See: Inserting Events.
Note: If your project uses the cost-to-cost invoice generation method, you must include burdened costs in your cost budget and revenue amounts in your revenue budget. Without these amounts, Oracle Projects cannot successfully generate invoices for your project.
To submit the process for all projects, submit the PRC: Generate Draft Invoices for a Range of Projects process from the Submit Request window.
To submit the process for one project, submit the PRC: Generate Draft Invoices for a Single Project process from the Submit Request window. See: Submitting Requests.
Bill Through Date. The Generate Draft Invoices process creates invoices using expenditure items and events dated on or before the date you enter here. If you leave this parameter blank, the process uses the current date as the bill through date.
From Project Number. Enter the number of the project that you want the Generate Draft Revenue process to use as the low end of the project number range within which it selects projects to process. If you leave this parameter blank, the Generate Draft Revenue process generates revenue for all eligible projects whose project numbers come before the project number entered in the End Project Number process parameter. See: No List of Values for Project Number Range Parameter.
To Project Number. Enter the number of the project that you want the Generate Draft Invoices process to use as the high end of the project number range within which it selects projects to process. If you leave this parameter blank, the Generate Draft Invoices process generates invoices for all eligible projects whose project numbers come after the project number entered in the Start Project Number process parameter.
Project Number. Enter the name of the project for which you want to submit the The Generate Draft Invoices for a Single Project process.
Five output reports show you the results of the Generate Draft Invoices process: The last three reports print only when you submit the process for a single project.
- The Draft Invoice Generation Report. Prints each draft invoice that is successfully created by the process. For each draft invoice, this report displays the project for which the invoice was created, its draft invoice number, the number of the draft invoice, if any, that it credits, the customer number, name, and agreement that funds it, the bill through date through used to create the invoice, and the total amount of the invoice. This report also tells you the next action to take in the invoicing flow process for each draft invoice.
- The Draft Invoice Generation Exception Report. Lists any of the project draft invoices that the process was unable to successfully create during its processing. For each rejected draft invoice, the Draft Invoice Generation Exception Report displays the rejection reason.
- The Draft Invoice Generation Eligibility Report. This report displays information about the project for which the process was submitted. This information includes the project's revenue accrual and billing method, the project start date, and the date of its last invoice generation. If the Generate Draft Invoices process cannot create a new draft invoice, the reason for the generation failure appears under the Rejection Reason column heading.
- The Draft Invoice Generation Eligibility Report (Unprocessed Expenditure Items Detail). This report displays all expenditure items that the process could not invoice for the specified project and also shows information for each expenditure item to help you identify why the expenditure item was not invoiced. Use this information to check if the expenditure item date is on or before the bill through date, if the item is revenue distributed, if the item is on billing hold, or if the item is included on a draft revenue that has a generation error.
- The Draft Invoice Generation Eligibility (Unprocessed Events Detail) report. This report displays any of the billing events that the process could not invoice for the specified project and shows information for each event to help identify why the event was not invoiced. Use this information to check if the completion date is on or before the bill through date, if the event is on billing hold, or if the write on event is revenue distributed.