Creating Templates for Competence-Based Assessments
If you want to read more information about which templates you can create, how you want to calculate scores, how to include competence types and competencies in the template or how to enter instructions, read Templates for Competence-Based Assessments before you create a template.
Use the Assessment Template window window to create templates for competence-based assessments.
To create an assessment template:
1. Enter a name and description for the assessment you are setting up. You can enter up to 85 characters for the name.
2. Enter the instructions to be displayed to the assessor(s) or approver(s). For example, "Complete all parts of the assessment before passing it on to the next person in the chain".
You can format the text to appear exactly as you want it. (Do you write in HTML?) You can enter up to 2000 characters for each assessment type.
3. Enter the dates between which the assessment template is valid. You must enter a From date but you can leave the Until date blank.
4. Select the type of assessment template you are creating, for example, proficiency with weighting applied.
When you are setting up templates for proficiency-based assessments, as you have previously identified the proficiency levels or a rating scale with which to measure competencies, Oracle Human Resources already knows it, so it greys out the Performance Scale fields. If you are setting up templates for any type of performance-based assessment, however, you need to indicate the performance scale to use in the assessment.
5. For any type of performance-based assessment, select the performance scale for use in the assessment.
You can click the Performance Scale button to see the proficiency levels for that scale, if required.
6. Enter any comments in the Comments field, if required.
7. For all type of assessment, select the weighting scale for use in the assessment, if required.
You can click the Weighting Scale button to see the level of importance, if required.
8. Enter any comments in the Comments field, if required.
9. Select the method for calculating the total score, by sum or average total.
11. You can now select your competence types and competencies.
Selecting Your Competence Types and Competencies
1. Click the Competencies button to select the competency types and competencies to include in the assessment.
Query back all competency types and competencies for you to select from.
2. With the first competence type displayed in the Competence Type field, scroll through them until the first competence type you want to include appears, then click the Used box.
3. You can also indicate the sequence in which you want the competence type to appear on the assessment in the Sequence field. (If you do not sequence the competence types, they appear on the assessment Web page in the order they appear here).
4. Continue to scroll through the competence types, indicating the sequence in which you want the competence type to appear until you have selected all the ones you want to include.
Suggestion: We suggest that you select all the competence types you want to include first, before you select the competencies.
5. Click the Saved Competence Types Only box to retrieve in future only the competence types you are using. We suggest that you do this, otherwise, you will have to scroll through all the competence types from which to select the competencies.
6. Save your changes, and requery the competence types you have selected. Only the competence types you have selected are now displayed.
7. With the first competence type and competencies for that type displayed, click the Used box for each competence you want to include in the assessment.
8. You can also indicate the sequence in which you want the competencies to appear on the assessment in the Sequence field. (If you do not sequence the competencies, they appear on the assessment Web page in the order they appear here).
10. Continue to scroll through the competence types, selecting and saving competencies, and indicating the sequence, until you have selected them all.
11. You can click the Saved Competencies Only box to display only the competencies you have selected in future, otherwise leave this box unchecked.
12. You can leave the Saved Competence Types Only box checked to display only the competence types you have included in the assessment the next time you use this window, or you can uncheck the box to display all competence types.