Deleting Datetracked Information
When you delete datetracked information, Oracle HRMS prompts you with the following options:
- End Date: This ends the record on your effective date. When you requery the record, this end date displays in the To field.
If there are any future updates to the record after your effective date, Oracle HRMS may prompt you with another two options:
- Purge: This totally removes the record from your database.
- All: This removes all future updates to the record. The current snapshot is valid until you make another change.
- Next: This removes the next future update to the record. It then resets the current snapshot's end date to the end date of the deleted update.
Note: You do not always see all of these options when you choose to delete. Some windows do not allow all four operations.
If you have mistakenly set an end date on a datetracked record, you can remove it.
To remove an end date:
1. Set your effective date to the day the record ends.
2. Choose Delete Record from the Edit menu.
3. Choose the DateTrack delete option Next. This removes the next change to the record, which is the end date. Save your work.