Incrementing Grade Step Placements
You can increment grade step placements manually, using the Grade Step Placement window, or automatically, by running the Increment Progression Points process.
To run the Increment Progression Points process:
1. Navigate to the Submit Requests window.
2. In the Name field, select Increment Progression Points.
3. Enter the Parameters field to open the Parameters window.
4. Enter the name of the pay scale.
5. Enter the date on which the increment becomes effective.
6. You can also enter values for some or all of the segments of your People Group Flexfield. This restricts the assignments incremented by the process to those in the group matching the values you enter.
Attention: An assignment's grade step placement is incremented automatically only if:
- it is still below the ceiling point, and
- the automatic increment check box on the Grade Step Placement window is checked for the assignment, and
Oracle HRMS supplies two predefined reports to help you predict and check the results of the Increment Progression Points process.
- there are no future changes or deletions to the assignment's grade step placement, or to the assignment itself, or to the grade scale for the assignment's grade, or to the new grade step for the assignment.
Current and Projected Progression Point Values Report
Employee Increment Results Report