Reviewing Current Salaries
Before entering salary proposals, you can review the current salaries of comparable groups of employees. There are a number of ways to do this:
- Query a list of assignments in the Salary Management folder to view their current salaries and any existing salary proposals. You can view up to ten salary components (such as Cost of Living, Location Adjustment, or Promotion) for each proposal.
- Query lists of assignments receiving a particular salary element on the List Employees by Element window. This shows the latest approved salary for each assignment in the date range you select.
- Run the Salary Review Report to view current and previous salaries for all employees, or for employees assigned to a selected organization, job, position, and/or grade.
- Query a list of assignments in the Assignments folder then view the salary history for each assignment in the list, individually, using the Salary History window. This window displays the dates, reasons, and amounts of each approved salary change, and of any new salary proposal.
- If you use grade rates, you can view the salaries of all employees on a certain grade receiving a particular salary element, using the View Employee Grade Comparatio window. This window also displays each employee's salary as a percentage of the midpoint defined for the grade.
- If you use pay scale rates for salaries, you can report on the salaries of all employees or a group of employees using the Employee Increment Results report.