|Oracle9i OLAP Services Developer's Guide to the OLAP DML
Release 1 (9.0.1)
Part Number A86720-01
What this manual is about
The Oracle9i OLAP Services Developer's Guide to the OLAP DML provides an overview of the programming environment for the OLAP DML, describes the OLAP DML data objects, and explains how to use the key commands in the OLAP DML. It also describes how to write and debug OLAP DML programs and illustrates programming strategies for accessing and working with data.
This guide is intended for users who want to perform the following tasks:
- Write OLAP DML programs
- Manage analytic workspaces with the OLAP DML
- Access data and perform analysis using the OLAP DML
Structure of this document
The Oracle9i OLAP Services Developer's Guide to the OLAP DML is structured as follows:
- Chapter 1 provides an overview of the OLAP DML environment.
- Chapter 2 describes how to create, attach, and manage analytic workspaces, how to save analytic workspace changes, how to share analytic workspaces, and how to obtain information about an analytic workspace.
- Chapter 3 describes how to define OLAP DML objects.
- Chapter 4 describes the OLAP DML data types and operators and how to create expressions in the OLAP DML.
- Chapter 5 provides an overview of how to populate OLAP DML data objects and how to calculate values.
- Chapter 6 describes how to limit an application's view of the data.
- Chapter 7 describes how to write models using the OLAP DML.
- Chapter 8 describes how to write OLAP DML programs.
- Chapter 9 describes how to use the OLAP DML debugger.
- Chapter 10 describes how to access relational data by using SQL commands in the OLAP DML.
- Chapter 11 describes how to use the OLAP DML to read data from files.
- Chapter 12 describes how to use the OLAP DML to write reports.
- Appendix A describes how to create and use analytic workspace metadata.
- The Glossary provides definitions of OLAP terminology.
You will find the following documentation helpful when using the Oracle OLAP API and Oracle OLAP Services:
- Oracle9i OLAP Services Concepts and Administration Guide -- Describes how to use OLAP Services. It introduces the basic concepts underlying business analysis and multidimensional querying, as well as the basic tools used for application development and system administration.
- Oracle9i OLAP Services Developer's Guide to the Oracle OLAP API -- Introduces Java programmers to the Oracle OLAP API, the application programming interface for Oracle OLAP Services. Through OLAP Services, the OLAP API provides access to data stored in an Oracle database. The OLAP API's capabilities for querying, manipulating, and presenting data are particularly suited to applications that perform online analytical processing.
- Oracle9i OLAP Services OLAP API Reference -- Provides online reference documentation for the Oracle OLAP API, the Java application programming interface for Oracle OLAP Services.
- Oracle9i Data Warehousing Guide -- Discusses the database structures, concepts, and issues involved in creating a data warehouse to support OLAP solutions.