You embed Ultra Search query functionality in your web application
with the supplied Ultra Search Java Query API.
The API supports two types of methods:
- Methods that retrieve query result data only.
- Methods that retrieve HTML code containing query
The methods that retrieve HTML code support features such as
allowing you to embed query input boxes and result
lists in your web application. The data-only methods do not
return any HTML and can be used when you require full
control over the HTML code to be rendered.
Here are some features of the Ultra Search Java Query API:
- Lets you to retrieve query results.
- Lets you to set query properties such as the total number of hits to return
- Lets you to set the query session language
- Lets you to access Ultra Search tables to retrieve Ultra Search dictionary data,
such as all defined data groups and attributes
- Lets you customize and generate your query interface and search result screen
with procedures that return blocks of HTML code that you can embed
into your web application. (mentioned above)
- Lets you allow the search end-user to submit URLs to the seed URL list.
The Ultra Search Java Query API is encapsulated
in the oracle.context.isearch.query.QueryTool class.
Click here for full details on the Ultra Search Query API.