The sample code and applications for Oracle Objects for OLE C++ Library are
installed in the following directories:
For the sample applications shipped with Oracle Objects for OLE and most of
the sample code in this file, the following rules apply:
· The user scott with password tiger are used to connect to the database.
· The network alias ExampleDb is used as the database name. Those examples that do not use the ExampleDB
database reference other databases, for one illustrative purpose or another.
· The data tables referenced are the standard Oracle demonstration tables that
can be created by the script demobld7.sql located in the ORACLE_BASE\ORACLE_HOME\oo4o directory. These tables and views can be dropped by the script demodrp7.sql.
· The stored procedures referenced can be created by the script oraexamp.sql.
Note: To run the sample code, you need to set up MS VC++ to point to the Oracle
Object for OLE header files and libraries. For Microsoft Developer Studio 6.0, use
the Options item in the Tools menu to set up the directories (Executable,
Include, Library, Source) to point to the Oracle Objects for OLE files that you
need, such as:
· oraclm32.dll in ORACLE_BASE\ORACLE_HOME\bin
· oraclm32.lib in ORACLE_BASE\ORACLE_HOME\oo4o\cpp\lib
· obound.h and oracl.h in ORACLE_BASE\ORACLE_HOME\oo4o\cpp\include