The OO4O In-Process Automation Server is a set of COM Automation Objects for connecting to Oracle database servers, executing SQL statements and
PL/SQL blocks, and accessing the results.
Unlike other COM-based database connectivity APIs, such as Microsoft ADO, the
OO4O Automation Server has been developed and evolved specifically for use with
Oracle database servers. It provides an optimized API for accessing features
that are unique to Oracle and are otherwise cumbersome or inefficient to use
from ODBC or OLE DB components.
OO4O provides key features for accessing Oracle databases efficiently and
easily in environments ranging from the typical two-tier client/server
applications, such as those developed in Visual Basic or Excel, to application servers
deployed in multi-tiered application server environments such as Web server
applications in Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) or Microsoft Transaction
of SQL statements and PL/SQL blocks.
· Support for the ConnectionOK property.
· Support for Failover Notification.· Full Support for Oracle Object-Relational and LOB Datatypes·PL/SQL Support for execution of PL/SQL anonymous blocks and stored procedures. This includes
support for Oracle datatypes allowed for input/output parameters of PL/SQL
stored procedures including PL/SQL cursors.
· Support for scrollable and updatable cursors for easy and efficient access to
result sets of queries. Refer to OraDynaset.
·Thread Safe objects and Connection Pool Management Facility for developing efficient Web server applications.
· Full support for Advanced Queuing in Oracle.
· Support for array inserts and updates. Refer to OraParameter, OraParamArray, and OraSQLStmt.
· Support for Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS).