Oracle Workflow Server Hardware and Software Requirements
The components of Oracle Workflow Server require the following hardware and software configurations:
- Oracle9i Enterprise Edition database version 9.0.1 or higher, along with the Oracle Objects and JServer Options, installed on a supported server machine
- At least 40 Mb of available disk space for Oracle Workflow Server once it is installed in your Oracle Home
- At least 128 Mb of memory, 256 Mb recommended
- Oracle Net 9.0.1 or higher
- The following components of Oracle9i Application Server, installed on a server machine:
- Oracle HTTP Server (powered by Apache)
- Oracle Mod PL/SQL Gateway
Oracle Workflow supports Oracle9i Application Server 1.0.1 or higher. We recommend using the versions of Oracle HTTP Server (powered by Apache) and mod_plsql that are included on the Oracle9i database server CD.
- UNIX Sendmail or a MAPI-compliant mail application
- An unzip utility, such as WINZIP from NicoMak, to extract the Workflow HTML help from the wfdoc261.zip file
If you are installing Oracle Workflow Server on Microsoft Windows NT, the following additional hardware and software configurations are required:
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 1.1.8, or a higher 1.1.x version, to run the Oracle Workflow 2.6.1 Java Function Activity Agent and the Workflow XML Loader
- ISO 9660 format CD-ROM available as a logical drive
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 or higher
- The notifications component includes a program called the Notification Mailer. This program communicates notifications to users via e-mail and interprets responses. The Notification Mailer has implementations that can integrate directly with UNIX Sendmail or MAPI-compliant mail applications.
- The UNIX Sendmail implementation is installed automatically during the Oracle Workflow Server installation process. This implementation requires UNIX Sendmail to be installed on the same server as Oracle Workflow.
- The MAPI-compliant implementation is installed on your Windows NT PC using the Oracle Universal Installer from the Oracle client CD. This implementation requires a Windows NT MAPI-compliant mail application installed on the PC that is acting as your mail server.
Oracle Workflow Monitor
- The Oracle HTTP Server (powered by Apache) and mod_plsql components of Oracle9i Application Server must be installed on a server machine with access to an ISO 9660 format CD-ROM. If you do not have access to a CD-ROM drive from the workstation, then you must be able to copy files using binary file transfer from a PC or other machine with a CD-ROM drive.
Note: These notes assume that you have an understanding of web technology and the Oracle9i Application Server architecture. For additional information, refer to the online help provided with Oracle9i Application Server.
- To use the Workflow Monitor you need access to a Web browser that supports Java Development Kit (JDK) Version 1.1.8 and AWT, such as Netscape Communicator version 4.73 or a higher 4.7x version, or Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.0x or 5.5.
Oracle Workflow Notifications