Oracle Workflow Client Hardware and Software Requirements
The client components of Oracle Workflow require the following hardware and software configurations.
Oracle Workflow Builder
Oracle Workflow Builder is a GUI tool that allows you to create and edit workflow definitions on a PC running either Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, or Windows NT. A workflow definition can be saved to a flat file or to your Workflow Server database if you have Oracle Net installed on your PC. Oracle Workflow Builder requires the following hardware and software configurations:
- Oracle Net Client Version 9.0.1 or higher
- Required Support Files Version 9.0.1 or higher
- An IBM, Compaq or 100% compatible personal computer with the following:
- A 486 processor or better
- Clock speed of 66 Mhz or greater (90 Mhz or greater is recommended)
- Modem configured with dialin access for use by Oracle Worldwide Customer Support. At least one PC at your site should be configured with a modem.
- Remote access and control software to be used by Customer Support for dial-in access through a modem to your PC. The preferred software is Symantec's Norton pcANYWHERE, or Microcom's Carbon Copy.
Without some form of remote access and control software, Oracle Worldwide Customer Support will not be able to dial in to your site to diagnose problems, nor will they be able to supply patches directly to your client PC.
Warning: Please follow the necessary security precautions against viruses and unauthorized access when installing any software that allows remote access.
- ISO 9660 format CD-ROM available as a logical drive
- Microsoft Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, or Windows NT 4.0 or higher
- At least 60 Mb of available disk space to install Oracle Workflow Builder, Oracle Net, and Required Support Files.
- At least 32 Mb of memory, 64 Mb recommended
Note: The Oracle TCP/IP Protocol Adapter requires and only supports the use of Microsoft's TCP/IP drivers.
Note: Oracle Workflow Builder is not supported on Microsoft Windows 3.1.
Note: Oracle Workflow Builder currently cannot be installed on a central file server or be shared by other client PCs over the network.
- The notifications component includes a program called the Notification Mailer. This program communicates notifications to users via e-mail and interprets responses. The Notification Mailer has implementations that can integrate directly with UNIX Sendmail or MAPI-compliant mail applications.
- The UNIX Sendmail implementation is installed automatically during the Oracle Workflow Server installation process. This implementation requires UNIX Sendmail to be installed on the same server as Oracle Workflow.
- You can install the MAPI-compliant implementation on a Windows NT PC using the Oracle Universal Installer from the Oracle client CD. This implementation requires a Windows NT MAPI-compliant mail application installed on the PC that is acting as your mail server.
Oracle Workflow Notifications