|Oracle8i Application Developer's Guide - XML
Release 3 (8.1.7)
Part Number A86030-01
Customizing Discoverer 3i Viewer with XSL, 3 of 9
Discoverer 3i Viewer: Features
Discoverer 3i Viewer allows you to:
- Run Reports
- Dynamically run reports saved in the database.
- Enter parameters at runtime.
- Run scheduled reports.
- Cancel a query.
- Page between dimension values on the page axis.
- Change workbook and database options.
- Print reports.
- Export reports to various file formats such as HTML, Excel, and other PC file formats.
- Analyse Data
- Perform drill down analysis.
- Drill through different levels of summarized data.
- Drill out to data held in other applications, such as web pages, MS Word documents etc.
- Control Queries
- Control query execution time. If a query is still running when the time threshold is reached, the query is automatically terminated.
- Display a query estimate. If a query is predicted to take longer than a predefined time threshold, Discoverer Viewer warns you and allows you to determine if the query should be run.
- Automatically redirect queries to summary tables. Requests for summarized data are automatically redirected to a summary table containing pre-summarized data.
- Secure Data Access
- Leverage the security features of the web server and database.
- Go through multiple firewalls
- Support SSL, x.509 and other standard web security protocols
- Support disconnected access to the data
- Use Browser Options to:
- Bookmark favorite reports
- Embed reports in other web pages
- Change font sizes and link styles by changing browser options
- Export output to other formats, such as Excel for further spreadsheet analysis.
- View reports offline (Internet Explorer 5)
- Discoverer reports can be embedded:
- In existing Web Pages by specifying a URL that defines the workbook and worksheet to be included. When the link is clicked the database is queried and the latest data is displayed in HTML.
- In portals such as Oracle Portal (also known as iPortal and previously known as WebDB) and can take on the look and feel of the hosting portal.
- Used to build complete custom Web applications or deliver data to other middle tier web systems.
Discoverer 3i Viewer can be used in the following ways:
- As a standalone Business Intelligence tool
- To integrate database output into your Web site and portal
- Customized to fit in with your Web site look and feel, to incorporate your companies logo or other artwork, or to build custom Discoverer applications for the Web.