|Oracle8i Application Developer's Guide - XML
Release 3 (8.1.7)
Part Number A86030-01
Using XSQL Servlet, 9 of 24
XSQL Page Processor Usage
The XSQL Page Processor usage is described in the following sections:
XSQL Usage Overview
Figure 19-6 summarizes how the XSQL Page Processor is used.
The XSQL Page Processor can be accessed in three main ways:
- A -- From a call or request in XSQL Servlet. This request can be made, for example, over the web using HTTP protocol.
- B -- From the command line using the XSQL Command Line Utility
- C -- From an application using the XSQLRequest() class. For example, <xsql:query>. This can be used in any command. It is a customizable Java program.
XSQL Page Processor processes the XSQL page template.
Processing actions are stipulated in the XSQL page template and processed by the XSQL Page Processor. The following transpires:
- XSQL Page Processor determines (parses) the processing action to be carried out
- A stylesheet, if any, is selected and processed using the XSLT Processor
- The result or action is returned to A, B, or C, according to where the request came from.
- You can also customize action handlers in Java using either of the following ActionHandler classes:
- XSQLActionHandler() class
- XSQLActionHandlerImpl() class
Figure 19-6 XSQL Page Processor: Overview