|Oracle8i Application Developer's Guide - XML
Release 3 (8.1.7)
Part Number A86030-01
Using XML Transviewer Beans, 11 of 15
Installing the Transviewer Bean Samples
The Transviewer Beans require as minimum JDK 1.1.6 and can be used with any version of JDK 1.2.
- Download and install the following components that are used by the Transviewer beans:
- Oracle JDBC Driver for thin client:
If you work with JDK 1.2 and up, use the 1.2 version of the JDBC driver from file classes12.zip. For JDK 1.1.6 and up, use file classes111.zip.
Ensure that the version of the JDBC driver is the same or higher than the Oracle database you want to access. The database tested with the beans was Oracle 8.1.5
- Oracle XML-SQL Utility (jar file oraclexmlsql.jar)
After installing the components, include classes111.zip and oraclexmlsql.jar into your classpath.
- The beans and the samples use swing 1.1. If you use jdk1.2, go to step 3. If you use jdk1.1, you will need to download Swing 1.1 from Sun. After downloading Swing, add swingall.jar to your classpath.
- Change JDKPATH in
Makefile to point to your JDK path.
In addition, on Windows NT, change the file separator as stated in the
- Run "make" to generate .class files.
- Run the sample programs using commands:
- gmake sample1
- gmake sample2
- gmake sample3
- Visualize the results in .log files using the ViewSample.
- Use the XSL-T document from './tohtml.xsl' to transform the XML document from './booklist.xml'.
A few .xml files are provided as test cases.
sample1 runs the XMLTransViewer program so that you can import and export XML files from Oracle8i, keep your XSL transformation files in Oracle8i, and apply stylesheets to XML interactively.