|Oracle Enterprise Manager Configuration Guide
Part Number A96673-01
Using Enterprise Manager on Windows 2000
This appendix contains these topics:
Differences between using Enterprise Manager on Windows NT and Windows 2000
|| On Windows NT
|| On Windows 2000
Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel > Services to access the Services dialog box.
On Windows 2000, the Services Directory is located further down the Control Panel directory.
Choose Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
Enables you to manage Windows computer security and create user accounts on Windows NT.
Choose Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > User Manager
To create user accounts, choose Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Active Directory Users and Computers
This section documents how to perform the following tasks on Windows 2000:
- manipulate services (start, stop, change startup mode, etc.)
- create a new user
- assign privileges (i.e. "logon as batch job") to a user
Manipulating Windows 2000 Services
To manipulate Windows 2000 services:
- Go to Start menu > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
- Select the service that you wish to manipulate.
- Right-mouse click and select the action you wish to perform (start, stop, etc.). To modify the Startup Type, right-mouse click and select Properties and edit the Startup Type as needed.
Creating a New Windows 2000 User
To create new Windows 2000 user:
- Go to Start menu > Settings > Control Panel > Users and Passwords
- From the Users and Passwords dialog that appears you can add new users.
Assigning Privileges to a Windows 2000 User
To assign privileges to a Windows 2000 User:
- Go to Start menu > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy
- Select Local Policies in the tree on the left.
- Select User Rights Assignment in the tree on the left.
- Find and select the appropriate privilege on the right.
- Right-mouse click and select Security. From the Local Security Policy Setting dialog that appears you can add which user should have the specified privilege.