|Oracle Workflow Guide
Part Number A95265-03
The Navigator Tree Structure
The Navigator window displays a navigator tree hierarchy for each data store that you open or load into Oracle Workflow Builder. A data store (primary branch) is a database connection or flat file that holds your workflow process definition. Within each data store there is at least one item type heading (secondary branch) that represents the grouping of a particular set of processes and its component objects. The following six tertiary branches appear beneath each item type branch:
- Attributes--lists the attributes for the current item type. Item type attributes describe features of an item type. For example, if an item type is a purchase order requisition, then an item type attribute can be the requisition amount or the requisition ID. See: Item Type Attributes.
- Processes--lists the process activities or workflow process definitions for the current item type. See: Process Window and Activities.
- Notifications--lists the notification activities associated with the current item type. A notification activity sends a message to a user or role. The message may prompt for a response or may simply provide information. See: Activities.
- Functions--lists the function activities associated with the current item type. A function activity represents a PL/SQL stored procedure that the Workflow Engine executes automatically. A function activity can also have activity attributes associated with it. See: Activities.
- Events--lists the event activities associated with the current item type. An event activity represents a business event that the process receives, raises, or sends. See: Activities.
- Messages--lists the messages that a notification activity associated with the current item type can send to a user or role. A message can have message attributes associated with it. See: Messages.
- Lookup Types--lists the lookup types associated with the current item type. A lookup type has one or more values called lookup codes associated with it. A lookup type is a list of values that can be referenced by a message, or by a notification, function, or process as its possible result type. See: Lookup Types.
Note: Each data store also contains a Directory Service branch. The Directory Service branch lists all the directory service roles that you load from your Oracle Workflow database. See: Roles.
If the data store is a database connection and the database contains other item types that you have not loaded into Oracle Workflow Builder, a branch called Hidden Item Types appears. When you double-click on Hidden Item Types, you get a Show Item Types window that lets you load other item types into Oracle Workflow Builder.
Copyright © 1996, 2002 Oracle Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.