|Oracle Call Interface Programmer's Guide
Release 2 (9.2)
Part Number A96584-01
This part of the guide contains chapters that describe OCI programming concepts:
- Chapter 1, "Introduction and Upgrading", provides an introduction to the OCI and discusses features that are new to this release.
- Chapter 2, "OCI Programming Basics", discusses the basic concepts of OCI programming.
- Chapter 3, "Datatypes", describes datatypes used in OCI applications and within the server.
- Chapter 4, "Using SQL Statements in OCI", discusses how to process SQL statements using OCI.
- Chapter 5, "Binding and Defining", discusses bind and define operations in detail.
- Chapter 6, "Describing Schema Metadata", discusses the
- Chapter 7, "LOB and FILE Operations", discusses the OCI functions that perform operations on large objects (LOBs) in a database and external LOBs.
- Chapter 8, "Managing Scalable Platforms", discusses password and session management, middle-tier applications, and externally initialized context.
- Chapter 9, "OCI Programming Advanced Topics", covers advanced topics in OCI programming, such as threads, connection pooling, session pooling, user-defined callbacks, advanced queuing, and publish-subscribe notification.