Preparing the Analytic Workspace
CWM2_OLAP_AW_ACCESS package can expose various types of analytic workspace objects in relational views. You will need to gather information about these objects and decide how you are going to map them to the columns of a relational view. These are the steps you might take:
- Identify the measures that you want to make available to applications.
- Identify the dimensions of the measures.
- For hierarchical dimensions, identify the objects that support the hierarchy:
- Parent relation
- Hierarchy dimension
- Inhierarchy variable
- Identify the dimension attributes, which are objects that provide additional information about the dimensions.
- If you plan to create OLAP Catalog metadata, be sure that you have a GID needed by the OLAP API. For a description of this object, refer to Chapter 12, "OLAP_TABLE".