|Oracle® Database Error Messages
10g Release 1 (10.1)
Part Number B10744-01
1. no copy of indicated file exists on disk that satisfy the criteria specified in the user's recover operands.
2. copy of indicated datafile exists on disk but no incremental backup was found to apply to the datafile copy.
1. Use or correct TAG specification to recover a different datafile copy.
2. Use BACKUP FOR RECOVER OF COPY command to create necessary incremental backup or copy.
- Lack of space in the recovery catalog database: allocate more space, use the DROP CATALOG command to remove any partially installed recovery catalog, and retry the command.
- Object already exists: This is caused by a partial recovery catalog installation. Use the DROP CATALOG command to remove the partially installed recovery catalog and retry the command.
* RMAN retention policy is not NONE or,
* RMAN retention policy is specified with REPORT/DELETE command.
1. Specify the DBID of the database with the SET DBID command.
2. If the autobackup was created with non-default autobackup format, then specify the autobackup format using the SET CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT command.
3. If the backup was created with SBT device, then allocate an SBT channel using the ALLOCATE CHANNEL command.
4. Restore controlfile or SPFILE by starting the RESTORE ... FROM AUTOBACKUP command.
o RMAN is not connected to the target database
o The database name is not specified in the command
o DBID is not set with the SET DBID command