|Oracle Workflow Developer's Guide|
Part Number B10284-02
You can use Oracle Workflow to customize the predefined workflow processes listed below. A full description of each workflow is documented in its respective product's User's Guide or Configuration Guide, if one is available.
Note: Some Oracle Applications products use the Account Generator feature to dynamically create accounting flexfield combinations. The Account Generator has generic predefined workflow functions that each Oracle Application product uses in its own predefined Account Generator process. The Account Generator processes for each product are not listed in this section, but are documented in more detail in each respective product's User's Guide. A general discussion of the Account Generator feature is also available in the Oracle Applications Flexfields Guide.
Application Implementation Wizard provides a set of workflow processes that guide you through the setup and implementation of Oracle Applications. The Application Implementation Wizard helps you through the tasks and interdependencies of configuring Oracle Applications for your installation. To make your implementation job easier, the Application Implementation Wizard logically groups similar setup tasks.
The sequence of steps that the Wizard takes you through are contingent on the application modules you install. This obviates running duplicate setup steps when implementing multiple application modules.
The details and usage of the workflow processes can be obtained from the Application Implementation Wizard User's Guide.
Oracle Application Object Library provides a set of standard function activities that you can use to incorporate concurrent manager processing into any Oracle Applications workflow process. The standard function activities are associated with the Concurrent Manager Functions item type. See: Concurrent Manager Standard Activities.
JTF Calendar Workflows - Tracks and routes calendar requests to the Calendar Administrator for new group and public calendar approvals and to Group Calendar Administrators for existing group calendar subscription approvals. The process also sends invitations for appointment invitees and attendees.
JTF Task Reminder - Picks up appointment reminders for scheduled appointments. For example, if the user selects "15 minutes Before" from the Remind Me drop-down list while creating an appointment, then that user receives a workflow notification 15 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled meeting.
Reactive Escalation Notification Workflow - Sends notifications to inform the escalation owner, the owner's manager, and optionally any customer or employee identified in the escalation document when an escalation document is created, or when certain document attributes such as status, level, owner, and target date are updated.
Business Rule Monitor
Business Rule Monitor Main Process - This process services the Business Rule Monitor looping workflow, which in turn checks all the active business rules and identifies whether any rule has been violated.
Business Rule Monitor Task Process - This process is used only when the Business Rule Monitor Main Process identifies a violated business rule that is related to a Task object. The Business Rule Monitor Task process services the subsequent activities based on the workflow information identified for the rule. For example, if the Escalate a Task (notification only) workflow is selected for a business rule, then a workflow notification will be sent to the person identified in the workflow attributes window.
Business Rule Monitor Service Request Process - This process is similar to the Business Rule Monitor Task process, except that it is used only when the Business Rule Monitor Main Process identifies a violated business rule that is related to a Service Request object.
Business Rule Monitor Defect Process - This process is similar to the Business Rule Monitor Task process, except that it is used only when the Business Rule Monitor Main Process identifies a violated business rule that is related to a Defect object.
Workflow - Task Manager - Task Manager uses the Workflow - Task Manager process to send notifications to inform personnel when tasks are created or changed.
Task Manager supports sending notifications to groups or teams. If a task is assigned to a group or team, then the workflow process will send a separate workflow notification to each member of the group, rather than sending only one notification to the e-mail address listed for the group.
Notifications can be sent either automatically for both the HTML and Forms versions of Task Manager, or manually for the Forms version only.
If you do not want to use the default workflow process for Task Manager, you can define a new workflow process using Oracle Workflow and assign your custom workflow to a task type.
- This generic workflow process is a template for BIS customers to use as part of their Performance Management Framework. When actual performance does not meet expected performance, this process sends a basic corrective action notification with an embedded report URL. All other processes under the OBIS Corrective Action item type are similar to this generic process.
- Sends notifications to the designated responsibilities whenever the actual values of the inventory turn do not fall within the targeted values defined in the Inventory Turn Report. The Inventory Turn Report is part of Process Manufacturing BIS.
- When a user initiates the approval process for contracts, this workflow routes contracts to designated individuals for approval. After a contract is approved, a signing notification is sent to designated individuals.
Change Approval Process - The change request must first be approved before a contract can be changed. This workflow routes the change request of contracts to designated individuals for approval. Once the change request is approved, contracts are open for update.
- An event can be set up against a service contract line so that when the associated condition has been met, this workflow can be used to automatically create a service request. A notification containing details of the service request will also be created, which can be viewed from the inbox of the contracts launchpad.
Electronics Renewals Workflow - This workflow is launched when an extended warranty contract qualifies for the electronic renewals process. It first derives the template set, QA checks the contract, generates a quote (draft contract) letter with associated cover, emails the letter, and updates the renewal status. When the user logs in through self service renewals, if they accept the contract quotation and decide to pay the contract amount using a PO, the workflow sends a notification to the contract administrator. Depending on the administrator's response, it sets the contract to the appropriate status.
Installed Base Transactions Notification Workflow - If the system profile 'OKS: Enable Install Base Integration Messages' is set to 'Yes', this workflow will send notifications to the user identified in the system profile 'OKS: User name to Send Install Base Messages' during certain transactions. These include when a new item instance is created, when it is terminated, when it is transferred to a new owner, when it is replaced or returned, or when the quantity of items instances are split.
- This workflow sends a transmission status e-mail notification to the designated user defined in the Bank Transmission Details window. This workflow process is initiated when you submit the Retrieve Bank Statement program to transmit bank statement files from your bank to your local directory.
CE Exception Report Transmission Notification Process - This workflow sends a transmission status e-mail notification to the designated user defined in the Bank Transmission Details window. This workflow process is initiated when you submit the Retrieve Payment Exceptions program to transmit payment exceptions reports from your bank to your local directory.
Process XML Bank Statement Workflow - This workflow begins once the import process is launched. Notifications are sent to the designated Cash Manager to say whether or not the import process was launched successfully and whether or not the import process was a success.
- When an account is flagged as bankrupt, several processes begin:
The Bankruptcy Status workflow is initiated when a collector (Forms user interface) creates a new status of Bankrupt for a single delinquency from the Delinquency tab in Oracle Collections.
Delinquency Current Status Notice - This workflow sends notifications about the status of a delinquency to the agent and the agent's manager when the status changes. For example, when the delinquency is closed (that is, when it is considered "current") or when a new status such as Bankruptcy or Write-Off is created for a delinquency, a notification is sent to describe the change in status.
Collection Delinquent Credit Hold - A collector can request that a credit hold be placed on a customer by checking the corresponding check box on the Delinquency tab. A notification is then sent to the appropriate manager to review and approve or deny the request. Routing to the appropriate manager for approval is done through the reporting hierarchies as defined by Oracle Resource Manager. After the request is approved, the Approval check box on the Delinquency tab is checked so collectors can confirm that their requests have been approved. The actual setting of a credit hold is a manual process, however.
Collection Delinquent Service Hold - A collector can request that a service hold be placed on a customer by checking the corresponding check box on the Delinquency tab. A notification is then sent to the appropriate manager to review and approve or deny the request. Routing to the appropriate manager for approval is done through the reporting hierarchies as defined by Oracle Resource Manager. After the request is approved, the Approval check box on the Delinquency tab is checked so collectors can confirm that their requests have been approved.
Notify a Third Party for Repossession - When a specialist assigns a third party organization to repossess an asset, an e-mail notification is sent to that organization with the details about the asset or assets, repossession, and other information. The specialist assigns the third party through the HTML interface.
Delinquency Status Approval - A collector can recommend that various strategies or statuses should be initiated for a delinquency: repossession, write off or litigation. (Bankruptcy is handled separately.) However, these statuses require review and approval by a manager before the corresponding strategy is initiated. The Delinquency Status Approval workflow is initiated when a collector clicks the New button on the Delinquency tab, selects a new status, enters the details to start the process, and saves the new status. The workflow routes the request according to the resource's hierarchy as defined by the system.
Delinquency Asset Workflow - A specialist can request that an asset valuation be provided for the assets related to a delinquent case. This workflow sends a notification to the appropriate manager to review the request, obtain the information and forward it back to the specialist. The request is initiated on the asset selection window from the Delinquency tab and write off window.
Strategy Fulfillment Mailer - As part of a strategy, a request may be made to the 1-to-1 Fulfillment Server to send e-mail documentation such as a dunning notice, a dunning reminder, copies of delinquent invoices, and so on, to the delinquent party. This workflow manages this request.
Strategy Custom Workflow - If customers want to implement a custom work item as part of strategy in order to use a different implementation from the seeded workflows, they can customize the custom strategy workflow. The custom strategy work item workflow is an example of what parameters are expected to be identified in a custom workflow and what must be identified after the work item is completed.
Collection Strategy Workflow - A strategy is a series of collections work items grouped together to create a collections plan. Each work item may have a workflow as part of the completion process. The Collection Strategy workflow is the main workflow process that drives the completion of all the workflows that are tied to the collections work items for each strategy.
- You can require journal batches to be approved before posting. Create an approval hierarchy and define authorization limits for each user. The Journal Approval process is initiated when you try to post a journal batch. The process automatically routes journals to the appropriate user for approval, based on the approval hierarchy.
AutoAllocations Process - When you generate step-down AutoAllocations, the workflow process initiates the AutoAllocation process and validates and generates the Mass Allocation and Recurring Journal batches that are defined in the AutoAllocation. The workflow process also determines whether journal approval is required for each generated journal batch, submits the batches to the appropriate users for approval if required, and notifies the appropriate users of the approval results. If an error occurs during the AutoAllocation process, the designated user or users can choose to roll back the AutoAllocation process, which reverses any posted journals.
Global Intercompany System - The Global Intercompany System (formerly CENTRA) is an enhanced feature for Release 11i, and has been backported to Release 11. It provides an environment for multiple companies to exchange intercompany transactions. The workflow process notifies the receiver company when a sender company initiates an intercompany transaction and requires approval from the receiver, or when the sender company recalls or reverses an intercompany transaction. The workflow process notifies the sender company when a receiver company approves or rejects an intercompany transaction that the sender had initiated. In addition, a threshold amount can be set to limit the volume of notifications. The workflow process is initiated when the sender submits, recalls, or reverses an intercompany transaction, or when the receiver rejects or accepts an intercompany transaction.
Global Consolidation System Cross Instance Data Transfer - You can automate the Global Consolidation System to consolidate data from remote subsidiary ledger database instances to a central consolidation database instance and optionally use workflow notifications to notify users of the cross instance consolidation status. Each notification provides the user with consolidation transfer details including source database name, mapping rule, set of books, group IDs, and concurrent request ID. When a user chooses to automatically run Journal Import or AutoPost on the central consolidation database, the workflow notification cites the status of success or failure of the concurrent request. If the Journal Import or AutoPost process fails, the workflow notification recommends reviewing the request log on the central consolidation database for further details.
- The Grants Accounting Workflow process notifies key members that an installment has been activated or that a report is due. The Budget Subprocess notifies the budget approver or award manager that a budget has been submitted for approval.
The workflow process is initiated at the following points:
- The Proposal Approval Process is initiated when a proposal is submitted for approval.
Notifications are sent to approvers and the workflow process waits for the response from each approver before proceeding to the next approver in the hierarchical proposal approval map.
The proposal is approved if all approvers approve the proposal. The proposal is rejected if any approvers reject it. The person submitting the proposal for approval is notified of the approval status at every stage during the approval process.
Notify Approval Subprocess - The Notify Approval Subprocess is initiated during the Proposal Approval Process when the next approver in the hierarchical approval map is selected.
The Notify Approval Subprocess notifies the approver that a proposal is pending for approval. The approver can approve or reject the proposal.
If the approver fails to approve or reject the proposal within a given time frame, the approver receives periodic reminders. Organizations can set the timeout, which defines the time frame in which the reminders are sent. By default, the timeout is not set.
Notify Proposal Members Process - The Notify Proposal Members Process sends notifications to personnel on the proposal.
- Oracle Internet Expenses uses the AP Expense Report workflow process to process the manager approval and accounting review of expense reports entered in Internet Expenses. The AP Expense Report process begins when a user submits an expense report, and finishes when an expense report is rejected, or when a manager has approved and accounting has reviewed an expense report. If approved and reviewed, the workflow process makes the expense report available for the Payables Invoice Import program. The AP Expense Report process notifies employees at key event points during the manager approval and accounting review processes.
AP Credit Card Process - The AP Credit Card workflow process notifies employees and managers of payments made to employees and payments made to credit card issuers for charges to travel and entertainment (T&E) credit cards. It also sends notifications to employees and managers for any outstanding credit card transactions that have not been submitted on an expense report, or have been submitted on an expense report but the expense report has not completed the AP Expense Report process. The payment notifications are generated when payments are made in Oracle Payables; the outstanding charges notifications are sent when you run the Credit Card Outstanding Charges Report program from Oracle Payables.
Terminated Employee Workflow Process - When preparers, employees, managers, or approvers are terminated, expense reports can become lost or inaccessible in the middle of the workflow approval process. In addition, expense reports that contain corporate credit card expenses marked as Company Pay or Both Pay have no one to claim and categorize the credit card expenses incurred prior to the employee's termination. This can result in delays in processing payment to the credit card provider. The Terminated Employee Workflow process allows these expense reports to continue to be processed and the related payments made in a timely manner.
The following procurement card workflow processes enable your self-service employees to verify and approve procurement card transactions.
AP Procurement Card Employee Verification Workflow Process - The AP Procurement Card Employee Verification Workflow process notifies and confirms procurement card transactions with card holders. This workflow process is initiated when you submit the Distribute Employee Card Transaction Verifications program from Oracle Payables. The process notifies an employee of transactions charged to the employee's procurement card, and optionally requires the employee's manual verification.
AP Procurement Card Manager Approval Transaction Process - The AP Procurement Card Manager Approval Transaction workflow process notifies and confirms verified procurement card transactions with a card holder's manager. This workflow process is initiated when you submit the Distribute Manager Card Transactions Approvals program from Oracle Payables. The AP Procurement Card Employee Verification Workflow process must first complete for transactions before the manager workflow process is used. The process notifies managers, and optionally requires their manual approval, of procurement card transactions incurred by employees.
- Workflow functionality in Labor Distribution automatically routes effort reports throughout the organization and delivers electronic notifications to users regarding effort reports that require their attention or processes that are completed.
The Effort Report Notification workflow process includes the following subprocesses:
The Effort Report Notification workflow process is initiated in Labor Distribution when an effort report is created.
Notification is sent to approvers of the effort report. When the effort report is approved, the effort report is sent to a supervisor for certification. The creator of the effort report can monitor the status of the effort report.
Distribution Adjustment Approval Notification Process - Workflow functionality in Labor Distribution automatically routes distribution adjustments approval notifications throughout the organization and delivers electronic notifications to users regarding distribution adjustments that require their attention or processes that are completed. The process is initiated when a distribution batch is submitted.
- This workflow automates verification and validation of data in the Open Interface tables. For example, this process can be modified to validate all accounting code combinations in the Open Interface tables. Notification of any invalid code combinations can be sent to a specified user for correction. Optionally the process can be set up to override any invalid code combinations with a designated default value. You can use Oracle Workflow to include additional workflow rules that meet the specific requirements of a business. Once an invoice has passed this process it is ready to be imported into the Oracle Payables application tables. To initiate the Open Interface Import process, submit Payables Open Interface Workflow from the Submit Requests window.
Invoice Approval Workflow - This workflow routes invoices to designated individuals for approval. This workflow uses the approval rules that you define in Oracle Approvals Management (OAM) to determine if an invoice requires approval. If the invoice requires approval, the workflow sequentially asks each approver on the approval list to approve the invoice online. For example, you can define a rule so invoices over $100,000 require CFO approval and then CEO approval.
Process Payment Message Workflow - This workflow creates the XML payment message and sends it to your bank. It then sends notifications to the user who formatted the payment. This workflow also manages the confirmation of payment batches that generate XML payments.
Receive Payment Instruction Error Workflow - If you use the XML payment feature and if you set up Oracle XML Gateway to receive the Show Payment Instruction Error message, then when your bank sends you this message, the Receive Payment Instruction Error workflow sends the appropriate user a notification that includes the payment instruction errors.
Receive Payment Advice Message Workflow - If you use the XML payment feature and if you set up Oracle XML Gateway to receive the Show Payment Advice XML message, then when your bank sends you this message, the Receive Payment Advice workflow sends a notification that includes the payment advice to the appropriate user.
For more information about related workflows in Oracle Internet Expenses, including expense reports and procurement cards, see Oracle Internet Expenses.
- The Distribute Worksheet Workflow Process distributes worksheets and notifies users that a worksheet has been distributed. The process is initiated when distributing a worksheet.
Submit Worksheet Workflow Process - The Submit Worksheet Workflow Process submits worksheets. Based on user-defined parameters, the process performs constraint validations, worksheet operations, copying, and merging. The process moves worksheets from one budget stage to the next and routes the worksheets through an approval process for required approvals. The process also freezes and unfreezes worksheets. Notifications are sent to users who initiate a process and to approvers.
The process is initiated at the following points:
- The Distribute Budget Revision Workflow Process distributes budget revisions and notifies users that budget revisions have been distributed. The process is initiated when distributing a budget revision.
Submit Budget Revisions Workflow Process - The Submit Budget Revisions Workflow Process submits budget revisions. Based on user-defined parameters, the process performs constraint validations and other budget revision operations. The Submit Budget Revisions process routes budget revisions through an approval process and updates the status and baseline values for budget revisions. The process also performs funds reservation and posts revisions to General Ledger. The process freezes and unfreezes budget revisions. Notifications are sent to users who initiate a process and to approvers.
The process is initiated at the following points:
- The internal trading approval process is initiated when an internal charge is submitted for approval. The process automatically routes service lines to the appropriate approvers in the creation charge center, based on the approval hierarchy. If successfully approved by the creation charge center, the service lines are routed to the appropriate approvers in the receiving charge center.
EXP Approval - The Exchange Protocol Approval process is initiated when a transmission unit is transmitted. The process sends requests for transmission unit authorization to the appropriate approvers, based on the approval profile. The dialog units that are contained within the transmission unit will be processed based on the approvers' responses.
Contract Commitment Approval Workflow Process - The Contract Commitment Approval Workflow is initiated when a contract commitment is submitted for approval. The process automatically routes the document to the appropriate approver, based on the approval hierarchy setup. The approver can approve or reject the document. If budgetary control is enabled, funds are checked and reserved when the approver approves the document. The person who submitted the document for approval is notified of the approval status at every stage during the approval process.
Dossier Approval Process - This process is initiated when a dossier maintenance transaction is sent into approval. The process sends notifications requesting approval of the dossier maintenance funds transfers to the appropriate approvers, based on the approval hierarchy attached to the dossier type. Based on the approvers' responses, encumbrance journals will be reversed and actual journal entries created to complete the funds transfer.
- This workflow routes a credit memo request for approval using an organization's internal management hierarchy or approval limits defined in Oracle Receivables. If the request is approved, a credit memo is automatically created in Oracle Receivables. Otherwise, the process notifies the requestor with an explanation of why it was not approved.
You initiate the Credit Memo Request workflow from iReceivables. iReceivables is a web-based, self-service application that enables registered users to access their Receivables account information using a standard web browser. When an iReceivables user chooses the Dispute a Bill function, Receivables places the specified amount in dispute and initiates the Credit Memo Request process to route the request for approval.
Document Transfer Message Workflow - This workflow creates an XML invoice document and sends it to your customer. This workflow consists of two item types.
In addition, Receivables users can receive via Oracle XML Gateway confirmation messages sent from their customers' payables departments. These messages confirm the document import statuses. The Receivables program receives the messages and, where necessary, automatically sends workflow notifications to Receivables users for exception handling.
AR Credit Management Application Process Workflow - This workflow manages the collection and analysis of account or prospect credit data, as well as the making and implementation of credit decisions.
The workflow is started when a credit request is generated, either by a credit event, such as an order hold, or by the submission of a credit application. The workflow first tries to automatically complete the credit review process. If, for any reason, a failure occurs in the workflow functions, then the workflow routes the credit analysis to the appropriate credit analyst for action.
If an organization requires that credit recommendations be reviewed and approved by other personnel, then the workflow routes the recommendations through an approval hierarchy.
- Routes budget transactions through the approval process. Oracle Workflow uses the approval controls and hierarchies defined in the Define Budget Users window within Budget Execution to route documents for approval. The Budget Execution Transaction Approval process is initiated in the following windows by clicking the Approve... button:
When a transaction is submitted for approval, the funds checking process is initiated to validate that sufficient funding is available. The transaction cannot be approved if it fails funds checking. A transaction must be approved before it can be transferred to General Ledger.
- Enables the routing of the Request for Personnel Action (RPA) Form for data entry, signature, and review before the final approval and update to the database. Based on the agency's practices, the user can route the RPA to an individual, groupbox, or routing list within the routing group. As the RPA is routed, the system maintains a history of actions. By referring to the history, users can learn what action was taken, by whom, and on what date.
GHR Position Description Process - Enables the routing of the Position Description form for data entry, signature, review and classification. Based on the agency's practices, the user can route the Position Description form to an individual, groupbox, or routing list within the routing group. As the Position Description form is routed, the system maintains a history of actions. By referring to the history, users can learn what action was taken, by whom, and on what date.
GHR Within Grade Increase Process - Enables the automatic processing of Within Grade Increase(WGI) actions without any manual intervention. The default WGI process automatically notifies the Personnel Office of the WGI approval and requires no response. WGI process can be configured during implementation in many ways based on the agency's practices.
- Oracle Human Resources provides a predefined workflow item type called HR Task Flow that you can use to set up your task flows. The HR Task Flow item type includes a function activity for every HR application window that is allowed to be incorporated into a task flow. You can use these predefined function activities to model a workflow process for each task flow. Moreover, each function activity includes activity attributes that you can set to create button labels and position buttons on its corresponding application window.
The HR Task Flow item type provides you with an alternative to using forms to set up and maintain your task flows. By integrating with Oracle Workflow, you can use the graphical Oracle Workflow Builder to help you design and diagram the sequence of your windows.
- This process is initiated when an employee submits a timecard in Oracle Internet Time. The workflow can be configured to either automatically approve all timecards or route the timecard through a pre-determined approval process. The approval process sends notifications to managers and employees, ensures timecards adhere to company policy, and checks manager approval levels. The status of submitted timecards can be monitored throughout the approval process.
- Submits an offer made using the Candidate Offers option in Line Manager Direct Access to the appropriate managers in the approval hierarchy. When the last approver in the hierarchy approves the offer, the workflow notifies Human Resources to print, sign and post the offer letter to the candidate and waits for the candidate's response. Once the candidate responds to the offer, the originating manager is notified and the workflow completes. The workflow keeps the originating manager informed of the offer status throughout the process.
Career Management Reviews Process - Sends notifications to reviews for Appraisals and Assessments.
360 Appraisals Process - Sends a notification to a set of people informing them that they should perform an appraisal as part of a group.
Approval Process with Correction - You can configure the workflow processes so that the Address part of Personal Information requires approval but the Phone Numbers part does not. Alternatively, you can vary the Approvals requirements by responsibility so that records changed by employees would need approval but records changed by managers would not.
Release Employee Information - This workflow is initiated when an employee enables the Release Employee Information function to share information about themselves with another employee, often managers, who would not usually have access to their records. Similarly, a manager can use this function to share information about one of their employees with a second manager.
Create User Name Process - Displays the pages for people who already have a record on the HR database to create their own self-service user names and passwords.
Individual Compensation Distribution - Automatically sends a notification to the supervisor of the manager who distributes the award. The manager's supervisor can either approve or reject the distribution.
Other Processes - Oracle Self-Service HR includes processes that allow employees and mangers to view, update, and display approved personal details on the Web, including:
Oracle Self-Service HR also includes processes to allow employees to enroll in a class and apply for a job.
- Oracle Time and Labor provides a single workflow that routes timecards to the appropriate person or people for approval. You use this workflow as a template to create as many workflows as you need for the approval styles you define.
- Includes workflows for Self-Service Oracle Training Administration and for Training Administration through Order Management.
- This workflow is used for Equipment Exchange Requests to update equipment details after receiving necessary approvals. The workflow is accessed from the Requests tab.
OKL CS Transfer Assumption Request - This workflow is used for Transfer and Assumption Requests to notify the Contract Administrator after receiving necessary approvals. The workflow is accessed from the Requests tab.
OKL CS Billing Correction Request - This workflow is used for Billing Correction Requests to notify the Contract Administrator of required corrections. The workflow is accessed from the Transactions tab.
OKL CS Billing Refund Request - This workflow is used for Billing Refund Requests to notify the Contract Administrator of required refunds. The workflow is accessed from the Account tab.
OKL CS Convert Interest Type - This workflow is used for Convert Interest Requests to notify the Contract Administrator of changes in the interest type. The workflow is accessed from the Structure tab.
OKL CS Contract Lease Renewal - This workflow is used for Renewal Quotes to notify the Contract Administrator of approved renewals. The workflow is accessed from the Requests tab.
OKL - LA: Lease Contract Approval - This workflow is used to obtain approvals required for contract activation. The workflow is accessed from the Booking window.
OKL - LA: Funding Approval - This workflow is used to obtain approvals required for funding request approval. The workflow is accessed from the Funding Request window.
OKL Stream Generation - Outbound - This workflow is used to initiate the outbound XML Pricing Engine transaction for Streams Generation. The workflow is accessed from the Stream Generation Process.
OKL Stream Generation - Inbound - This workflow is used to manage the inbound XML Pricing Engine transaction for Streams Generation. The workflow is accessed from the Stream Generation Process.
OKL - INS Gather Third Party Insurance Information - This workflow is used to gather third-party information when a customer fails to provide insurance proof and the lessor cannot sell insurance. The workflow is accessed from the Concurrent Manager.
Approve Contract Portfolio - This workflow routes a contract portfolio for approval. The workflow is accessed from Contract Portfolio.
Notify Contract Portfolio Execution - This workflow notifies the remarketer for a contract portfolio execution. The workflow is accessed from Contract Portfolio.
Approve Restructure - This workflow routes a restructure for approval. The workflow is accessed from Restructure Quote.
Approve Gain/Loss - This workflow routes the gain or loss on termination for approval. The workflow is accessed from Termination Quote.
Approve Partial Quote - This workflow routes partial quotes for approval. The workflow is accessed from Termination Quote.
Shipping Instructions - This workflow is used to send the shipping details for an asset. The workflow is accessed from Communicate Quote.
Notify Internal Transport Department - This workflow is used to inform the internal transport department of the shipping details for an asset. The workflow is accessed from Communicate Quote.
Send Quote - This workflow is used to send a quote. The workflow is accessed from Communicate Quote.
Repurchase Acceptance - This workflow informs users of the acceptance of a repurchase quote. The workflow is accessed from Quote Acceptance.
Termination Quote Acceptance - This workflow informs users of the acceptance of a termination quote. The workflow is accessed from Quote Acceptance.
Restructure Quote Acceptance - This workflow informs users of the acceptance of a restructure quote. The workflow is accessed from Quote Acceptance.
Notify Remarketer - This workflow informs the remarketing team of a new asset assignment. The workflow is accessed from Asset Return.
Notify Collections - This workflow informs the collections agent of updates on returns in the case of repossession. The workflow is accessed from Asset Return.
Notify Repossession Agent - This workflow informs the external repossession agent of a new repossession request. The workflow is accessed from Asset Return.
Notify Provider - This workflow informs the provider of service and/or maintenance of the asset return. The workflow is accessed from Asset Return.
Asset Repair - This workflow routes asset repair requests for approval. The workflow is accessed from Asset Condition.
Request Title Return - This workflow requests the third party titleholder to return the title on expiration of the contract. The workflow is accessed from Remarketing.
Remarketing Order Cycle - This workflow defines the order cycle in Order Management for remarketed assets. The workflow is accessed from Remarketing.
- If this process is enabled within the Enterprise Asset Management parameters (Auto Approve check box), every user with a responsibility that is assigned to the work request's asset's current owning department will receive an electronic notification to take action on the work request created. These notifications can be viewed within eAM's Maintenance User, within the responsibility used to log in. Everyone receiving the notification can access the work request to change its status or add additional information to the work request's log. Once one user approves the work request, the notification will be removed from the Worklist of other users belonging to that same approval group. You can also reassign a notification to another user for approval or additional information.
If this process is enabled, work requests are created with a status of Awaiting Work Order (approved). Otherwise, work requests are created with a status of Open.
- Submits an engineering change order to the appropriate people for approval.
- Sends notifications and reminders to approvers for approval of move orders, and sends notifications of the proposed move to requesters and people on the notification list associated with the subinventories.
Material Shortage Message - Sends a notification to planners every time a receipt transaction is done for an item with material shortages. The workflow notification will be initiated from a concurrent program that checks all material transactions that have been marked by the transaction manager.
- Enables you to automatically process exceptions in order to take corrective action quickly when generating materials and resource plans. Exception messages are routed to key contacts for specific responsibilities. Recipients can be supplier and customer contacts as well as internal personnel.
Item Activation Workflow - Sends notifications to approve newly created items before changing their status to an approved inventory status. The workflow notifies the individual who needs to approve the item's creation. The result of the routing is that the item will become active if it is approved, or remain inactive if it is not approved. Item properties cannot be modified if the workflow approval is pending for an item.
Lot Expiry/Retest Workflow - Sends a notification to a user at a defined number of days in advance of lot expiration and retest dates. Without this workflow the expiration or retesting of a lot is not visible to the user without a query for the expiration and retest information. The Lot Expiry/Retest Workflow gives the approver this visibility by notifying the approver the defined number of days in advance of the expiration and retest date.
OPM Quality Management
Sample Creation Notification - Sends a notification to draw a physical sample as required by the associated sampling plan for the specification and specification validity rule in effect. This workflow can be triggered by an inventory quantity increase, receiving transaction, batch step release, or lot expiration or retest. The notification lists the sampling plan information and includes a link to the Samples window, where information about the sampling event is populated.
Testing Notification - Sends a notification to prompt you to perform a test and enter its result against a particular sample. This workflow is initiated by the creation of a sample that is already associated to a specification or selection of the result action for retesting a certain test. Each tester for a given sample in process receives a notification for the expected test result.
Sample Disposition Notification - Prompts for assignment of the final disposition for a sample once testing has completed. The sample disposition can be changed to accepted, accepted with variance, or rejected when all tests (if required by the associated specification) have recorded results that have been evaluated and finalized.
Composite Results Notification - Asks you whether to composite the results across a set of samples within the same sampling event. This workflow is initiated when testing of all the samples in a sampling event (based on the number of samples required by the sampling plan) is complete and each sample has a final sample disposition. The notification provides a link to the Composite Results window, where information about the sampling event is populated.
Sample Group Disposition Notification - Notifies you that the sampling event requires a final disposition, based on the number of samples required by the sampling plan. This workflow is launched when all the samples within a sampling event have a final disposition of accept, accept with variance, reject, or cancel.
- This process is part of the Project Manufacturing Project Definition process navigator flow. This process guides users through all the necessary sequence of steps for setting up an Indirect- or Capital-type project for use in Oracle Project Manufacturing.
Contract Project Definition Process - This process is part of the Project Manufacturing Project Definition process navigator flow. This process guides users through all the necessary sequence of steps for setting up a Contract-type project for use in Oracle Project Manufacturing.
- Notifies employees that have registered interest for a particiular event on a designated Defect or Enhancement.
Critical Defect - Notifies the owner that they have recently been assigned a critical defect.
- Enables tracking the outside processing assemblies from the shop floor to the shipping dock, and then to the supplier. The Intermediate Shipment workflow is activated when you move assemblies into the Queue intraoperation step of an Outside Processing operation with a PO Move resource charge type, or if the outside processing operation is the first operation.
Change PO Need By Date - When you reschedule outside processing operations, you can activate a workflow process that updates the need by date on the purchase order, and notifies the buyer and supplier that the date requires approval for the change. You can manually change the date if it is not approved. You activate the workflow from the Update PO Need-By-Date window accessed from the Operations window.
- Sends a notification to the planner in the shipping organization detailing the changes made to an ATO order. It is started when a change to the order quantity, schedule ship date, request date, or schedule arrival date is made and a discrete job reservation or a flow schedule exists for the order. It is also started anytime a configuration change or order line cancellation is made, even if a reservation does not exist.
- Oracle Order Management provides seeded order and line runnable processes and functional subprocesses. Order Header workflow data is defined under the item type OM Order Header (OEOH). Seeded header runnable processes are provided to support the processing of standard Orders and Returns with approvals. Booking and Close Order functional subprocesses are also seeded. Order Line workflow data is defined under the item type OM Order Line (OEOL). Oracle Order Management comes seeded with line-level runnable processes to support the processing of standard items, configurations, service items, drop-shipments, and other items. Functional subprocesses to schedule, ship, fulfill, invoice interface, and close order lines are also seeded. Additionally, you can configure custom processes to meet your specific business requirements using the seeded functional subprocesses and custom activities. You can use these seeded and custom runnable processes for order processing by assigning them to specific order and line transaction types.
Change Order Notification Process - Sends a change order notification from certain application forms. The recipient and message content are set dynamically when you select a responsibility and provide content. Uses the item type OM Change Order (OECHORD).
COGS Process - Generates a cost of goods sold account using the item type Generate Cost of Goods Sold Account (OECOGS).
- Transaction reason actions provide the user with an alternative customizable function flow when an exception happens. This workflow currently has two workflow processes seeded:
- The Procurement Workflow is a lights-out, hands-off transaction processing system that is truly flexible and extensible to all members of your supply chain. It is one of the key enablers in the shift towards more strategic sourcing and procurement activities. It consists of the Document Approval, Automatic Document Creation, Change Orders, Account Generation, Send Notifications, Price/Sales Catalog Notification, and Receipt Confirmation (used only by Self-Service Purchasing) workflow processes.
Document Approval Process - Performs all approval related activities in Oracle Purchasing. These include, but are not limited to, document submission, approval, forwarding, approval notifications, and rejection. This includes the PO Approval workflow process for approving purchase orders and the PO Requisition Approval workflow process for approving requisitions.
Automatic Document Creation Process - Automatically creates standard purchase orders or releases against blanket agreements using approved purchase requisition lines, if the requisition lines have the required sourcing information. This process is also known as the PO Create Documents workflow.
Change Orders Process - Allows you to control which changes require a manual reapproval and which will be automatically reapproved. All reapproved documents, either manual or automatic, will result in the document revision being incremented. This process is part of the PO Approval workflow.
Send Notifications Process - Looks for documents that are incomplete, rejected, or in need of reapproval, and sends notifications regarding the document's status to the appropriate people. This is also known as the PO Send Notifications for Purchasing Documents workflow.
Price/Sales Catalog Notification Process - Sends a notification to the buyer when the price/sales catalog information sent through the Purchasing Documents Open Interface includes price increases that exceed a price tolerance that you set. This process is also known as the PO Catalog Price Tolerance Exceeded Notifications workflow.
- Sends receipt notifications to requestors, informing them that they should have received their order. This process is also known as the PO Confirm Receipt workflow.
Requisition Approval Process - Submits a requisition created from Web Requisitions to the appropriate managers for approval and updates the status of the requisition.
- Oracle Web Suppliers allows a guest to log on and register as a supplier contact for a company. This process routes a notification to the appropriate account approver to verify and approve the registration. If the approver approves the registration, the Supplier Web User account is activated. If the account approver rejects the registration, the account is deactivated.
- Routes a project and notifies appropriate users of any project status change. For example, you can submit the project for approval, or notify appropriate people upon project closure. You select which workflow to use for the appropriate status change, as well as determining the person(s) to route the project to.
Budget Approval Process - Routes a project budget for approval and baseline. You select which workflow to use for the budget type, as well as determining the person(s) to route the budget to.
Step Down Allocations Process - Automates the execution of step-down auto allocation sets to create allocation runs, generate the allocation transactions, release the allocation transactions (or require approval before the process proceeds), distribute costs, and update project summary amounts.
Project Budget Account Workflow - When a project budget is integrated with a General Ledger budget, an account must be assigned to each project budget line. The account is used to interface the project budget amount to General Ledger. The Project Budget Account workflow enables you to automate the account generation and assignment process.
- Oracle Incentive Compensation uses the Contract Approval workflow in the Sales Force Planning module to process an agreement for approval by management, distribute the agreement to the sales force, and allow the salespeople to accept the agreement. The Contract Approval process begins when the user submits an agreement for approval. After all approvals are done and the salesperson accepts the agreement, it is activated as a compensation plan. The Contract Approval Process sends messages to remind the manager to distribute the agreement, remind the sales force to accept the agreement, and alert the sales manager that an agreement has not yet been accepted.
Oracle iStore provides seeded workflows in which there are predefined notifications and notification messages. The iStore Alert Workflow contains the non-report-related notifications, while the report-related notifications belong to iStore Reports Alerts. The notification e-mail messages are sent to users based on various events.
Notifications Related to Orders
Order Confirmation Normal - Confirms a normal order. This notification is initiated when a user places an order in a web specialty store.
Order Confirmation - Next Steps for Faxed Orders - Explains the remaining steps for order submission. This notification is initiated when a user places an order and chooses to fax a credit card or purchase order as payment.
Orders Not Booked Notification - Announces that an order has not been booked to the system administrator. This notification is initiated when a user's order is not booked.
Cancel Order - Confirms a cancelled order. This notification is initiated when a user cancels an order using the web specialty store.
Notifications Related to Shared Shopping Carts
Share Cart Confirmation Notification - Confirms a shared cart event and explains how to access the shared cart to the Shared cart owner and recipients. This notification is initiated when a user shares a cart with other users.
Change Access Level - Notifies users about access level changes. This notification is initiated when a Shared cart owner changes the access level of the recipient.
Remove Cart Access for Recipient - Notifies users about the shared cart status. This notification is initiated when a Shared cart recipient ends working on a shared cart.
Stop Sharing - Notifies users that a shared cart has been un-shared by the owner. This notification is initiated when a Shared cart owner stops sharing a shared cart.
Notifications Related to Sales Assistance
Sales Assistance Request - To Sales Representatives - Describes a request for sales assistance to a sales agent. This notification is initiated when a user requests sales assistance during the checkout flow.
Sales Assistance Request - Sends a confirmation to users who requested sales assistance. This notification is initiated when user requests sales assistance during checkout flow.
Notifications Related to Users and Registration
User Registration - Welcomes a newly registered user. This notification is initiated when a user registers in a specialty store, or a B2B user is registered by the B2B Primary User.
Forget Login - Sends email to a user with his or her username and password. This notification is initiated when a registered user requests login information.
Notification Events Related to Contracts
Contract Negotiations Request - Disapproval - Announces rejection of a contract terms change request. This notification is initiated when the Contract administrator rejects a user's request for changes in contract terms.
Contract Negotiations Request - To Sales Representatives - Describes a request for changes to contract terms. This notification is initiated when a user requests changes in contract terms.
Contract Negotiations Request - Approval - Announces approval of a contract terms change request. This notification is initiated when the Contract administrator approves a user's request for changes in contract terms.
Contract Negotiations Request - Cancellation - Announces cancellation of contract negotiations. This notification is initiated when the Contract administrator cancels a contract that was created when a user requested changes in contract terms.
Contract Negotiations Request - To Users - Acknowledges a request for changes to contract terms. This notification is initiated when a user requests changes in contract terms.
Notification Events Related to Reports
Reports - iStore Historical Summary - Contains the information from the Store Order Summary Data Out Bin specified in the Store Administration UI. This notification is initiated when iStore Reports concurrent programs refresh the report data.
Reports - iStore Top Orders - Contains daily Top Orders from the Top Orders Bin specified in the Store Administration UI. This notification is initiated when iStore Reports concurrent programs refresh the report data.
- Monitors certain conditions set by users and, if a condition is met, executes the schedules that the user has associated to the trigger.
- Routes a service request to individuals in the organization for resolution. Customize the process to select and notify service personnel, as well as to transfer and escalate service requests automatically based on your organization's service rules and guidelines.
Service Request Actions and Dispatch Process - Routes a service request action to individuals in the organization for resolution and in addition, notify with instructions, appropriate service personnel who need to be dispatched to a field site. Customize the process to manage, transfer or escalate dispatch requests.
Field Service Dispatch Process - Inserts or updates service request data into the interface table and sends a notification to the field service engineer with dispatch information. This process is used by Oracle Mobile Field Service.
Sends notifications to suppliers, customer contacts, or internal personnel that inform them of advanced planning exceptions and lets the recipients initiate appropriate action to correct the planning exception.
Allocated ATP Process - Sends notification to planners if there was any stealing between different supply sources to satisfy an Order Promising request or if the Order Scheduling process failed.
- The MSD Demand Planning Cycle manages all background processing during a Demand Planning cycle. It is made up of several stages, each of which initiates a specific workflow process to govern a task that is performed during that stage. Each stage is initiated from the Demand Planning Administrator page. Notifying the administrator and user community of relevant processing status as the workflow progresses through its many stages is a central benefit.
The Demand Planning processing cycle is made up of the following five stages, which correspond to processes:
At any time during the Demand Planning processing cycle, the Demand Planning Administrator may choose to run a special process called "Collect Available Submissions Now." This process collects any waiting submissions of data for review prior to the end of the cycle.
The Demand Planning Administrator may choose to run a master workflow process called ODP Master that manages all five stages together by running a concurrent request to launch and manage this master process. This concurrent request is called "Demand Planning Engine Master Workflow Process."