This is a text description of asoag010.gif, an image which depicts the synchronous authentication sequence as follows:
- A user logs in by entering a connect string, passcode, or other value, and the client machine passes this data to the Oracle database server.
- The Oracle database server, acting as the RADIUS client, passes the data from the Oracle client to the RADIUS server.
- The RADIUS server passes the data to the appropriate authentication server for validation.
- The authentication server sends back to the RADIUS server either an access accept or an access reject message.
Note: If the RADIUS server is the authentication server, the two preceeding steps are combined.
- The RADIUS server passes this response to the Oracle database server/RADIUS client.
- The Oracle database server/RADIUS client passes the response to the Oracle client.