|Oracle® Database Error Messages
10g Release 1 (10.1)
Part Number B10744-02
- INTO clause and RETURNING clause cannot be use in the same statement
- RETURNING clause is currently not supported for object type columns, LONG columns, records, %rowtypes, remote tables and INSERT with subquery. This is as ORA-28815.
- When BULK is NOT used, every variable in the INTO list has to be of compatible type with the corresponding column.
- the expression in INTO clause of OPEN or RETURNING statement is neither of legal SQL datatypes nor of PL/SQL RECORD datatype
- a collection of records is used in INTO clause of OPEN or RETURNING statement.
- a record or a collection of records is used in BULK COLLECT INTO
- PL/SQL tables,
- associative arrays,
- collections of PL/SQL types: rowid, mlslabel, long, long raw, boolean, binary_integer, pls_integer, string and urowid The following restrictions apply:
- If the return type is a collection of records, then each of the attributes of the record must be a supported type.
- A collection of records must not contain a record type as one of its attributes.