|Oracle Workflow Administrator's Guide|
Part Number B10283-02
Oracle Workflow Hardware and Software Requirements
The components of Oracle Workflow require the following hardware and software configurations. Some of the requirements are different for standalone Oracle Workflow and Oracle Workflow embedded in Oracle Applications. Check the installation documentation for your installation of Oracle Workflow to determine the exact requirements for your version.
- A 486 processor or better
- Clock speed of 66 Mhz or greater (90 Mhz or greater is recommended)
- Modem configured with dial-in access for use by Oracle Worldwide Customer Support. At least one PC at your site should be configured with a modem.
- Remote access and control software to be used by Customer Support for dial-in access through a modem to your PC. The preferred software is Symantec's Norton pcANYWHERE, or Microcom's Carbon Copy. Without some form of remote access and control software, Oracle Worldwide Customer Support will not be able to dial in to your site to diagnose problems, nor will they be able to supply patches directly to your client PC.
Warning: Please follow the necessary security precautions against viruses and unauthorized access when installing any software that allows remote access.
- Dual speed, ISO 9660 format CD-ROM available as a logical drive
- Microsoft Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows NT 4.0 or higher
- At least 65 Mb of available disk space to install Oracle Workflow Builder, Oracle Net Services, and Required Support Files.
- At least 32 Mb of memory, 64 Mb recommended
Attention: Oracle Net Services require and only support the use of Microsoft's TCP/IP drivers.
- Oracle8i Database Release 2 (8.1.6) or higher, Oracle9i Database, or Oracle Database 10g, Enterprise or Standard Edition, along with the Oracle Objects and JServer Options, installed on a supported server machine
Note: To determine which database versions are supported by your version of Oracle Workflow, please refer to the installation documentation for your installation.
- At least 40 Mb of available disk space for Oracle Workflow Server once it is installed in your Oracle Home
- At least 128 Mb of memory, 256 Mb recommended
- Oracle Net Services, corresponding to the version of your Oracle Database
- SQL*Plus, corresponding to the version of your Oracle Database
If you are installing Oracle Workflow Server on Microsoft Windows NT, the following additional hardware and software configurations are required:
- ISO 9660 format CD-ROM available as a logical drive
- Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 or higher
Attention: While the version of Oracle Workflow offered to Oracle8i Database Standard Edition customers is exactly the same as the version offered to Oracle8i Database Enterprise Edition customers, it is important to note that Oracle Workflow leverages Oracle8i Database functionality. Consequently, using an Oracle8i Database Standard Edition database limits some of the features available for use by the Oracle Workflow Business Event System.
- You cannot create any additional queues in Oracle8i Database Standard Edition beyond the default queues provided by Oracle Workflow. If you require additional queues, you should choose Oracle8i Database Enterprise Edition.
- Oracle Advanced Queuing propagation in Oracle8i Database Standard Edition does not support propagating messages outside the local database. If you require messages to be propagated to other systems, you should choose Oracle8i Database Enterprise Edition.
In Oracle9i Database and higher, however, these restrictions no longer apply. Exactly the same functionality is available with Oracle Workflow in an Oracle9i Database and higher, Standard Edition, as in an Oracle9i Database and higher, Enterprise Edition.
- To use the Workflow XML Loader in the standalone version of Oracle Workflow, you must have Java Development Kit (JDK) Version 1.4 installed. To use the Workflow XML Loader in the version of Oracle Workflow embedded in Oracle Applications, you must have Java Development Kit (JDK) Version 1.3 installed.
- To extract the HTML help for the standalone version of Oracle Workflow, you need an unzip utility.
- To implement Oracle Internet Directory integration, you must have Oracle Internet Directory installed. To implement single sign-on integration, you must implement Oracle Internet Directory integration, and you must have Oracle Application Server Single Sign-On installed and have mod_osso installed with Oracle HTTP Server.
Attention: To implement single sign-on integration, you must install Oracle Workflow with Oracle Application Server, and you must use a version of the Oracle Database that is certified with your version of Oracle Application Server.
Copyright © 2003 Oracle Corporation.
All rights reserved.