The figure illustrates the XSLT Processor for XMLType (DBMS_XSLPROCESSOR) calling sequence:
1. An XSLT Processor can be constructed using the method newProcessor.
2. To build a Stylesheet from a DOM document, use method newStylesheet.
3. Optionally, you can set parameters to the Stylesheet using the call setParams.
4. The XSLT processing can then be executed with the call processXSL using the processor and Stylesheet created in Steps 1 - 3.
5. Pass the XML document to be transformed to the call processXSL.
6. The resulting DOMDocumentFragment interface can be operated on using the PL/SQL DOM API for XMLType.