Siebel Advisor Administration Guide > Working with Advisor Feature Tables >
Creating Linked Advisor Feature Tables
Use Linked Tables when feature table information needed for multiple UI controls is identical. For example, if you have an Interior Color feature table for a Car pageset and you want to create an Exterior Color feature table that uses the same set of color values, you can create the Exterior Color feature table as a linked table.
You cannot edit a linked table. To make changes to the table design or table data, edit the original table. In this example, the Interior Color feature table.
To create a linked Advisor pageset feature table
- Navigate to Administration - Product > Advisor Pagesets > My Pagesets.
- In the My Pagesets list, select the pageset for which you want to create a linked feature table.
- Select the Feature Tables tab and click New.
A new Feature Table record appears.
- Enter a name, without spaces, for the feature table.
- Click the Linked to field.
- Click the button in the Linked to field.
A dialog box appears.
- Select the table whose data you want to use.
- Click OK.