Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide > Supplementary Information for Specific Upgrade Types > Performing Database Schema Updates >
About Installing Database Schema Changes on Regional Node Servers
In a test environment, install the Siebel Database Schema upgrade kit (and any accompanying kits) on test Regional Node Servers. In a production environment, install the Siebel Database Schema upgrade kit (and any accompanying kits) on production Regional Node Servers. The following procedure describes how to install a database schema update on a Regional Node Server.
Installing the schema upgrade kit synchronizes the logical and physical schemas on Regional Node Server databases.
NOTE: If any of your mobile Web Client users connect to a Regional Node Server, rather than a HQ server, the Regional Node Server must install the database schema changes before those mobile users can obtain and install the changes.
To install a database schema update kit for regional databases
- Disconnect all users from the Regional Node Servers and the HQ server.
- Stop all tasks on the applications servers except the Replication Agent, Transaction Processor, Router, and Merger.
- Wait until the replication backlog has been processed.
Check the download and upload statistics in the Administration - Siebel Remote screen for each Regional Node. The three Last File and Last Transaction numbers should match in the lower applet. Make sure that there are no outstanding transactions by checking that \docking\inbox and \docking\outbox directories are empty on the Regional Applications Servers.
- Verify the server parameter Version Check is set to True on the Regional Applications Server using one of the following options.
- In the Server Parameters View, verify that the server parameter Version Check is set to True on the Regional Applications Server.
- Use the following commands to start srvrmgr and verify the value of the Version Check parameter:
srvrmgr /g gateway_host /e enterprise_server /s server_name
/u user_name /p password
list param VersionCheck
- The Replication Agent should now perform a version check and shut down itself and the Regional Applications Server so the Administrator can perform the upgrade manually.
- Check the appropriate log files (RepAgent.log and syncthrd.log) to verify the need to run the Upgrade Wizard.
- Verify that the Siebel Server is properly shut down. If not, shut it down manually.
- Use one of the following methods to run the Upgrade Wizard:
- In a Windows environment, in the server bin directory, run siebupg.exe to carry out the upgrade.
- In a UNIX environment, in the server bin directory, run srvrupgwiz to carry out the upgrade.
- After the upgrade, bring up the Regional Siebel Server.
- You can change the server parameter Version Check back to False, which is its default value.
NOTE: When you install the Database Schema kit, the schema changes are applied to the server and the custom version is incremented, which makes the database template obsolete. If there are Mobile Web Client users who connect to the Regional Node Server, you must run Generate New Database task to create a new database template.
The Mobile Web Clients should be able to synchronize and perform the Schema Upgrade kit in much the same manner as any other kits by using the Siebel Upgrade Wizard.
If the Siebel Developer created or modified applets or views to display data in new extension columns or new extension tables, it is necessary to create and distribute the accompanying Siebel Repository File upgrade kit. Installing the combination of the Siebel Database Schema upgrade kit and the Siebel Repository File upgrade kit allows users to view these data after the schema upgrade.
After the Database Schema upgrade is finished, distribute the new SRF kit to its corresponding Mobile Web Clients.
For links to other steps in this process, see Process of Updating a Siebel Database Schema.