Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide > Troubleshooting for Siebel Anywhere >
Required Kit Cannot Be Installed
If you create and distribute a required upgrade kit that, for some reason, cannot be installed on the client or server, you need to define and distribute a repair kit (a new upgrade kit that functions properly).
Use the Upgrade Kit Wizard to define the repair kit. Make sure the version information in the repair kit differs from the version information in the nonfunctioning kit in the following ways:
- If the minimum version is editable, make sure that its value is set to the last known good version for this upgrade component.
For example, if the minimum version of the nonfunctioning kit was 5, the minimum version of the repair kit should be no higher than 5.
- Make sure that the new version of the repair kit is at least one version number higher than the new version of the nonfunctioning kit.
For example, if the new version of the nonfunctioning kit was 6, make the new version of the repair kit 7. Then, Siebel Anywhere can upgrade the user's setup from the last good version, skipping the nonfunctioning version.
After you have defined your repair kit, activate and test the kit as you would do for any other required kit. Distribute the repair kit to the appropriate Developer or Mobile Web Client users, as described in the following procedure.
To distribute a repair kit
- From the application-level menu, select Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Siebel Anywhere.
- From the link bar, select Upgrade Configurations.
The Upgrade Configurations list appears.
- Prepare the kit for distribution.
- In the Upgrade Configurations list, select the configuration under which you distributed the nonfunctioning kit.
- Verify that the components in the repair kit are included in the configuration as related components.
- With this configuration selected, click Distribute.