Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide > Upgrade Planning and Preliminary Tasks > Process of Creating a Delta Repository File Upgrade Kit >
Compiling an SRF for Use in a Delta Repository File
The following procedure briefly describes how to compile a repository file that will be used to create a delta repository file upgrade kit. A repository file that is compiled using this procedure minimizes both the size of the resulting delta repository file upgrade kit and the time required to upgrade. For more general information about compiling repository files, see Using Siebel Tools.
This task is a step in Process of Creating a Delta Repository File Upgrade Kit.
NOTE: Minimizing the size of the delta repository file upgrade kit depends on specifying a Reference SRF when the SRF that contains changes is compiled, as described in the following procedure. If the SRF that contains changes is compiled without specifying a Reference SRF, the SRF that contains changes can still be used to create a delta repository file upgrade kit, but the kit size is not minimized.
To compile a repository file for use in creating a delta repository file upgrade kit
- In Siebel Tools, make the repository changes you want to distribute.
- From the Tools menu, select Compile Projects.
- In the Projects pane of the Object Compiler dialog box, click All Projects.
- Click the Reference SRF button.
- In the Reference SRF dialog box, enter the path and file name of the repository file that served as the base upon which you made your repository changes, and then click OK.
For the base, use a repository file that has actually been distributed to a client machine using Siebel Anywhere. (Specifying a file that has not passed through the distribution process can cause failures during attempts to apply a delta repository file to clients.)
The delta repository file upgrade kit will contain only the differences between this base version and the new SRF you are about to compile.
- In the Siebel repository file field of the Object Compiler dialog box, enter the path and file name for the repository file that you are about to compile.
- Click Compile.