Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide > Upgrade Planning and Preliminary Tasks >
Before you create your first upgrade kit, you must synchronize server components. If synchronization has not been done, attempts to define upgrade kits fail.
To synchronize server components before defining upgrade kits
- From the Siebel application menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Server Configuration > Enterprises > Component Groups.
- In the Component Groups list, verify that the Siebel Anywhere component group is enabled.
- Click the Component Definitions tab.
- In the Component Definitions list, use standard query techniques to locate records that have Component Group set to Siebel Anywhere, and click Enable for any that are not currently active.
- Click Synchronize.
- Restart the Siebel Server where the Siebel Anywhere components are enabled.