Applications Administration Guide > Global Accounts >
Viewing Global Accounts (End User)
Available as an option, Global Accounts allow users to see opportunities, activities, contacts, and account team information for an account and its subsidiary accounts.
Global Accounts consist of a parent account, the child accounts, the child accounts' children, and so on. These hierarchies are determined in one of two ways:
- Hierarchies are determined by the value in the parent field on the Account Record.
- Hierarchies are determined by the administrator who creates custom hierarchies.
Global Accounts are created and maintained by the administrator. If an account has no child account or the administrator has not defined a hierarchy for an account, then a message appears advising you that the selected record is not included as part of your defined hierarchy. For more information on how global-account hierarchies are created, see Creating a Custom Hierarchy.
To view global accounts information
- Navigate to the Accounts screen > Global Accounts Hierarchy List view.
- From the Show drop-down list, choose My Global Accounts.
Other Show drop-down list options include All Global Accounts, and Global Accounts Across Organizations.
The Global Accounts subviews appear, as shown in the following figure, with the explorer at left showing the hierarchy of account, subaccounts, contacts, and opportunities, and the list at right showing records associated with each subview.
- Click the individual view tabs for Subaccounts, Contacts, Activities, Opportunities, and Account Team.
Records associated with these subviews appear in a list at the right of the explorer.