Applications Administration Guide > Audit Trail >
Specifying Parent-Child Associations for Audit
In the Siebel application, parent-child associations are set through:
- MVG (multi-value group) fields
- Parent-child applets
Audit Trail can keep track of changes in parent-child associations. For example, you can audit the association (and dissociation) of contacts with accounts.
This task is a step in Process of Configuring and Using Audit Trail.
To configure business components for auditing of parent-child associations
- Determine the name of the child business component whose association you want to audit.
- Navigate to the Administration - Audit Trail screen.
- In the Audit Trail Buscomp list:
- Select an existing record for the parent business component.
- Create a new record for the parent business component and complete the necessary fields. Some fields are described in table in Step 2.
- Make sure that the Assoc field is checked.
- Click the Child Buscomp view tab.
- In the Child Buscomp list, create a new record for the child business component whose association with the parent business component you want to audit.
TIP: The Business Component dialog box lists all business components—query for the name of the child business component you identified in Step 1.