Applications Administration Guide > Contacts >
Associating Attachments with a Contact
An attachment is a file created in another application that you can associate with a contact record. Documents can be attached to contact records to maintain an interaction history for the contact or the opportunity. Attachments can include email correspondence, pending contracts, and product data sheets. Associating attachments with a contact record allows the sales team to share information about the contact.
To associate an attachment with a contact
- Navigate to the Contacts screen > Contacts List view.
- In the Contacts list, drill down on the contact, and then click the Attachments view tab.
- In the Attachments list, click New.
The Update File check box is automatically selected as a default. If you do not want the attached file automatically updated as the source file changes, clear the check box.
- In the Attachment Name field, click the select button.
- In the Add Attachment dialog box, click Browse.
- In the Choose File dialog box, select the file, and then click Open.
- In the Add Attachment dialog box, click Add.
The attachment appears in the Attachments list.