Applications Administration Guide > D&B Integration >
About D&B Data
D&B is a leading provider of business information. D&B's information and technology solutions help businesses find profitable customers, reduce credit risk, manage receivables, and manage vendors. D&B's database of commercial information consists of over 75 million records world wide.
For connected users, you can use your Siebel application to integrate with D&B data and reports. As a mobile client, you can access D&B data for accounts and contacts that have been promoted from D&B marketing data.
This allows you to:
- Use D&B marketing data within your Siebel application.
- Access D&B business and credit reports from within your Siebel application.
You can use this D&B data to support the following:
- New Business or Customer Acquisition. By querying on company size, line of business, and other criteria provided by D&B, you can generate lists of prospects to add to the sales pipeline or to support outbound marketing programs. By using the D&B corporate family linkage information, you can identify new prospects and opportunities within a company's extended family.
- Customer Segmentation and Penetration. You can profile specific market segments such as geography, industry, size, and other criteria to identify untapped opportunities or better align sales territories.
- Customer Qualification. Use your access to D&B business and credit reports to obtain detailed background and risk information on a company in order to focus sales efforts on higher-probability accounts and shorten the sales cycle.
NOTE: This chapter describes how the administrator loads and updates D&B data. For information about viewing and using D&B data within the Siebel application, see D&B Integration.