Applications Administration Guide > Enterprise Selling Process >
Adding Partners for ESP Analysis
The Partners view helps you to analyze and execute key partnership strategies while identifying and using partnership capabilities across the enterprise. This view also helps you develop initiatives used to engage key partners.
To add a partner
- Navigate to the Accounts screen > Accounts List view.
- Drill down on an account record.
- Click the Enterprise Selling Process view tab.
- In the lower link bar, click BU/SU Overview.
- In the list, drill down on the name hyperlink for the unit to which partners will be added.
The name of the unit appears in the Account form at the top of the screen. The Account Type must be ESP BSU to add partners to the unit.
The Offerings list appears below the Account form.
- In the lower link bar, click Partners.
- In the Partners view, create a new record and complete the necessary fields.
NOTE: Partners are stored as Accounts in the database. The Partner flag is checked in the Add Accounts dialog box.
- Navigate back to the BU/SU Overview to add partners to another unit.
- Select a new business or service unit, and repeat Step 7.
To add a contact
- In the Partners list, select the partner, and drill down on the hyperlink in the Name field.
The Accounts screen, Contacts view appears.
- In the Contacts list, click Add to select an existing contact.
Click New to add and enter information on a new contact.
- In the Add Contacts dialog box, select a contact, and then click OK.
NOTE: You can select multiple contacts by holding down the SHIFT key and selecting multiple contacts.
To add activities
- In the Contacts list, drill down on the hyperlink in the Last Name field.
The Contacts detail form and Activities view appears.
- In the Activities list, create a new record and complete the necessary fields.
If you select Calendar and Activities in the Display In field, you must specify a Start date and time for the record to appear in the Calendar.
To delegate the activity, click the select button in the Owner field, and from the Pick Assigned To dialog box, select the owner of the activity. For more information, see Activities.