Applications Administration Guide > Configuring the Inbox > Examples of Inbox Triggers >
Sample Workflow to Update Inbox Items for Status Changes Made in the Inbox Detail View
This topic describes the Inbox - Service Detail Action workflow.
What This Workflow Does
This workflow is triggered when a user changes the status of a service request from within the Inbox screen > Detail view. This workflow updates the service request's Inbox item according to the change made to the service request.
Diagram of the Workflow
Figure 15. Inbox - Service Detail Action Workflow
Detailed Information About the Steps in the Workflow
The workflow does the following steps:
- Start. The run-time event attached to the WriteRecordUpdate event on the Service Request business component of the UInbox Item Task business object is triggered.
- GetSRId. Gets the service request row ID and the Inbox item ID.
- GetSRInfo. Gets the updated information from the service request record.
- UpdateInboxOwnerActionInfo. Calls the UpdateInboxOwnerInfo method to update the Inbox item owner.
- IsSRClosed, DeactivateInboxOwner, and DeactivateInboxOwnerManager. If the service request is closed, calls the DeactivateInboxItem method to deactivate Inbox item owners for the owner of the service request and their manager.