Applications Administration Guide > Initial Setup >
Completing Employee Setup
After completing the employee setup procedures described in the Security Guide for Siebel Business Applications, which are required to allow employee access to the Siebel application, views and data, you complete employee setup by providing additional information. This can include the following:
- Assignment Rules. Allows you to see and administer the assignment rules for an employee. For more information on assignment rules, see Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide.
NOTE: You must be logged on to a server database to use the Employee Assignment Rules view.
- Availability. Used for Siebel Professional Services Automation. Lists the projects for which an employee is on staff, or for which an employee has been requested. For more information, see Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide.
NOTE: Employees can also change their availability in the Availability view on the User Preferences screen.
- Exception Hours. Specifies what days and hours an employee is not available.
- Utilization. Displays a chart with the monthly and quarterly utilization of the currently selected employee. Managers use this chart for monitoring professional services projects and employees. For more information about professional services, see Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide.
- Tools. Defines the tools that field service engineers carry with them or have access to. It allows a call center person to check whether the engineers have the correct tools for the jobs they are assigned to.
- Job Information. Specifies the job profile, salary, compensation ratio, pay currency, and location of employee.
- Calendar administration. Defines the calendar properties and access for an employee. For more information about Calendar administration, see Calendar.
- Assignment Skills. Defines an employee's skills and skill items, along with their level of expertise. Skills can be used as assignment criteria in Siebel Assignment Manager. For more information about how the Siebel application uses skills, see Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide.
Skills can also be used in the Professional Service Automation product for managing resources. For information about these types of skills, see Siebel Professional Services Automation Guide.
- Employee Query. Allows queries to identify employees with particular skills and expertise.
- Service Details. Provides details about the shift start and end locations, hourly costs, overtime availability and other details for a service employee.
- Competency. Provides a list of areas in which the employee has some demonstrated level of knowledge or accomplishment.
- Education. Provides details of an employee's education history.
- Past Work Experience. Provides details of an employee's work history.
- Honor/Award. Provides list of honors and awards earned by an employee.
- Membership. Provides details of an employee's memberships in various organizations.
- Certification. Provides details of an employee's certification.
To complete the employee setup
- Navigate to the Administration - User screen > Employees view.
- In the Employees list, drill down on the employee for whom you want to add additional information.
- Click the More Info view tab.
- In the form, complete any necessary fields.
Some of the fields are described in the following table.
Specifies which Siebel product or group of software components to associate with the currently selected employee. For more information, see Siebel Anywhere Administration Guide.
May be used to indicate the active period of an employee. Used in conjunction with the Availability, Overtime Availability, and Next Available fields.
- Click any other appropriate view tab.
- Create a new record, if needed.
- Enter the appropriate information.