Applications Administration Guide > Using Accounts in Siebel Sales >
Associating an Account with an Activity
An activity is a task or event that is generally, but not always, performed for a contact, an account, or an opportunity. You will most likely attend meetings, calls, presentations, and perform other activities associated with an account. You can use the Activities list to enter and track account-related activities. If the activity has a time associated with it, the activity appears in the Activities list and Calendar.
An account can have a number of activities associated with it. You can associate an activity with an account to track which activities you have completed and track those you want to accomplish in the future as you manage the account relationship.
To associate an account with an activity
- Navigate to the Accounts screen > Accounts List view.
- In the Accounts list, drill down on the account associated with the activity, and then click the Activities view tab.
- In the Activities list, create a new record and complete the necessary fields.
- In the Type field, drill down on the hyperlink for the default value to change the type of activity.
- In the Display In field, choose the display method for the activity.
For example, the activity can appear in Calendar and Activities, To Do and Activities, and Activities Only.