Applications Administration Guide > Opportunities (End User) >
Assessing an Opportunity
An opportunity assessment helps you qualify opportunities and verify resource allocation. Using an assessment template, you can select values and attributes to assign a composite value to the opportunity.
NOTE: In some companies, your Siebel application automatically generates assessments, but if this process has not been automated, you can create assessments manually.
To assess an opportunity
- Navigate to the Opportunities screen > List view.
- Drill down on the opportunity with which you want to associate the assessment.
- Click the Assessments view tab, and create a new record.
- In the Template Name field, click the select button.
The Select Assessment Template dialog box appears.
- Select the template, and then click OK.
- Click the menu button, and then choose Save.
An explicit Save is required.
- Click the Assessment Attribute subview tab, and then click the show more button.
A list of assessment attributes appears.
- In the Value field, click the select button and choose the appropriate value for the attribute.
Repeat this step for each attribute in the list.
A composite assessment score for the opportunity appears as a percentage value in the parent Assessment list. This percentage compares the score you entered in the assessment attribute line items to the maximum possible score for the opportunity. You can use this percentage to qualify the opportunity.