Applications Administration Guide > Target Account Selling >
Assessing an Opportunity
Sales professionals can use the Assessments view to evaluate the opportunity using criteria developed by Siebel MultiChannel Services. Assessments must be completed before determining the best strategy. An assessment focuses on the following four key questions:
- Is there an opportunity?
- Can we compete?
- Can we win?
- Is it worth winning?
Sales professionals assess their organization's position and the position of their top competitors against these criteria. As the sales campaign progresses, sales professionals repeat this assessment and then compare the results to past assessments to evaluate and monitor their position at each sales stage.
The first few times an assessment is performed, use the TAS Coach to help evaluate and answer each set of assessment questions. After a number of assessments are performed and you are familiar with the criteria and methodology, use the Assessment form to rate the criteria.
To begin an assessment
- Navigate to the Opportunities screen > List view.
- Drill down on an opportunity record.
- Click the Target Account Selling view tab.
- In the lower link bar, click Assessments.
The Assessments list includes all the assessments you and your sales team have performed to date. Use the Assessments list to compare opportunity assessments for your company and your competitors.
- In the Assessments form, create a new record.
- In the new record, the Assessment For field defaults to Our Company for self assessments. If you are assessing a competitor's position, specify the competitor.
- In the Assessment form, click TAS Coach and complete the assessment criteria questions.
Using the TAS Coach
The Assessment TAS Coach, shown in Figure 25, uses Siebel SmartScripts technology to help sales professionals evaluate opportunities. The explorer pane expands to show the individual questions in each question set, and the form at right provides information on assessment considerations and rating selection.
Figure 25. TAS Coach Screen
To perform an assessment using TAS Coach
- Assess the position of each of the criteria in the Assessments list by selecting a plus (+), a minus (-), or a question mark (?) from the drop-down list.
- Click Next to advance to the next set of criteria questions.
- Click Previous to return to criteria you have already assessed.
- Click Cancel to return to the Assessments view without saving the assessment.
- If you want to pause in the middle of a TAS Coach assessment, and then return to the assessment at a later time, click Finish Later. The assessment does not appear in the Assessments list until it is completed.
Your assessment is saved in the SmartScripts screen's My Saved Session view. Use Site Map to navigate to the SmartScripts screen.
If you do not have enough information to answer the question, select the question mark (?).
- When you have rated all criteria, click Finish to return to the Assessments list.
NOTE: You must click Finish to save the criteria ratings.