Applications Administration Guide > Target Account Selling >
Developing a Relationship Strategy
Information captured in the Relationship Strategy view helps sales professionals develop a relationship strategy for each of the key players for an opportunity. The view allows sales teams to share their understanding of the business and personal decision issues for each contact.
To add relationship strategy information
- Navigate to the Opportunities screen > List view.
- Drill down on an opportunity record.
- Click the Target Account Selling view tab.
- In the lower link bar, click Relationship Strategy.
- In the list, create a new record.
- From the Add Contacts dialog box, select the contact or contacts you want to add, and then click OK.
NOTE: All contacts added in the Organization Map automatically appear in the Contacts list, and all contacts added in the Contacts list appear in the Organization Map.
- In the Relationship Strategy list, complete the Business Agenda, Personal Agenda and Relationship Strategy fields for each contact.
You only need to complete this information for key players in the organization, based on their role, level of influence, and rank.
- Add decision criteria:
- In the Relationship Strategy list, select a contact.
- In the Decision Criteria list, create a new record and complete the necessary fields.
NOTE: The administrator may want to create a record called Custom that users can select from the list of decision criteria. This record can be used to track issues that are unique to the contact and do not already exist in the database.