Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Advanced Assignment Manager Configuration > Process of Configuring Assignment Manager to Copy Columns >
Configuring Assignment Objects to Copy Columns
Using Siebel Tools, you can configure assignment objects to copy position-specific or employee-specific data. Typically, you configure sales objects to copy position-specific data and you configure service objects to copy employee specific data.
This task is one step in Process of Configuring Assignment Manager to Copy Columns.
By default, the TM Account assignment object is predefined to copy position-specific data. Figure 32 shows the TM Account assignment object configured to copy only a single column—ROLE_CD.
Figure 32. The TM Account Assignment Object Configured to Copy Position-Specific Data
Use the following procedure to add either the Position Specific Columns or Employee Specific Columns user property to an assignment object for which you want to enable copying of data.
To configure an assignment object to copy position- or employee-specific data
- Start Siebel Tools.
- In the Object Explorer, expand Workflow Policy Object, and then query for the object you want to configure.
TIP: If Workflow Policy Object is not visible in the Object Explorer, you can enable it by selecting View > Options > Object Explorer in the Development Tools Options dialog box.
- Lock the project for the object by choosing Tools > Lock Project (or Alt+L).
The pencil icon appears in the W field to indicate the project for the object is locked.
- In the Object Explorer, expand Assignment Object, and then select Assignment User Prop.
- In the Assignment User Properties window, choose Edit > New Record.
- In the new record, enter values for the relevant information.
After the assignment object is modified, you must run various server administration procedures to make sure your configurations are recognized by Assignment Manager.
- If you are using Batch Assignment, start a new task.
- If you are using Dynamic Assignment, stop and restart the Workflow Monitor Agent.
- If you are using Interactive Assignment, stop and restart the Assignment Manager Server Component.
After the assignment object is configured, you can then instruct Assignment Manager to copy position- or employee-specific data using the UI or by submitting a server component job from the command-line interface.