Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Availability-Based Assignment >
Process of Configuring Assignment Objects for Availability-Based Assignment
When you configure assignment objects for availability-based assignment, Assignment Manager can review an employee's calendar as a criterion for assignment. If the employee's calendar has no activities booked at the time required by the object, and has a sufficient time period available for the object's duration, the employee qualifies for assignment.
Before configuring the assignment object, make sure the following information is satisfied:
- The Field Service component group is enabled.
For more information on the Field Service component group, see Siebel System Administration Guide.
- A mapping of the server to the Field Service components and region exists.
For more information on Field Service components and regions, see Siebel Field Service Guide.
- Employees are associated with service regions.
For more information on Field Service regions, see Siebel Field Service Guide.
- The object that you are configuring for assignment availability has the necessary columns in its database table.
For more information on configuring for availability, see Extending an Assignment Object's Base Table for Availability-Based Assignment.
By default, the Activity assignment object has the required columns in its database table for Start Time and Duration; however, one column must be extended if the Early Start Time property is desired. All other assignment objects must have their base tables extended if you want them enabled for availability-based assignment.
To configure assignment objects for availability-based assignment, you need to perform the following tasks:
- Extending an Assignment Object's Base Table for Availability-Based Assignment
- Configuring Assignment Object Properties for Availability-Based Assignment
- Configuring Assignment Object User Properties for Availability-Based Assignment
NOTE: It is recommended that you review the sections on extension tables and columns in Configuring Siebel Business Applications before completing this process.