Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Assignment Rule Administration for Delegated Assignment > Process of Making an Assignment Rule Inheritable >
Adding Owners to the Inheritance Access List
This topic explains how to add owners to the inheritance access list for an assignment rule using the delegated assignment administration views. After owners are added to the inheritance access list of an assignment rule, inheritors of that rule can further refine and specialize that rule.
This task is a step in Process of Making an Assignment Rule Inheritable and Setting Up Assignment Responsibility for Designees.
To add an owner to the inheritance access list
- From the application-level menu, choose Navigate > Site Map > Administration - Delegated Assignment > Rule Group Explorer.
- In the Rule Group Explorer, expand the rule group in which the assignment rule resides, and then click Rules.
- In the My Rule Group Explorer list, drill down on the assignment rule you want to make inheritable, and then click the Inheritance Access view tab.
- In the Inheritance Access List, click Synchronize.
NOTE: This action first deletes anyone from the list who is not an owner of a child rule group and then adds back only the owners of the child rule group. To prevent deletion, check the Lock During Synchronization checkbox next to a position before clicking Synchronize.
- Delete any positions from the list that you do not want to inherit rules.
- Alternatively, you can add a single position:
- In the Inheritance Access List, click New.
- In the Pick Positions dialog box, query for the position you want to give access, and then click OK.