Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Planning Your Assignment Manager Implementation >
Planning Your Assignment Manager Deployment
This topic provides a high-level overview for planning your Assignment Manager deployment. If appropriate time is invested in analyzing the incoming data and loading up appropriately for the first time, it can reduce performance and other problems moving forward.
Use the following points to help plan your deployment:
- Develop a migration path from an external source to Siebel Assignment Manager and, if using territory management, also carefully plan import of external alignment rules.
NOTE: This task is even more important if your implementation has mobile users.
- Use assignment rule groups to manage large numbers of rules.
- Use rule sequencing to prioritize rules by order of importance.
This can be helpful for newly-imported assignment manager rules from an external system because you can execute batch assignment against just the newly imported rules.
- Use server key mappings to run multiple instances of assignment manager with different groups of rules loaded.
- Create custom criteria for date fields (called date criteria).
Date criteria allow you to specify additional selectivity while assigning particular objects, such as creation date, expiration date, and so on.
- If your assignment rules are static—that is, less frequently changing—consider using dynamic assignment over batch assignment.
- Identify opportunities where you can reduce assignment rules, such as: