Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Assignment Rule Administration > Process of Defining Criteria Values as Skills with Expertise Codes and Weighting Factors >
Adding Criteria Values as Skills to Assignment Rules Using Expertise Codes
To add a criteria value as a skill to an assignment rule using expertise codes, select the desired expertise from the Expertise Code field in the Value list applet as shown in Figure 16. The predefined expertise codes are: Novice, Intermediate, and Expert.
This task is a step in Process of Defining Criteria Values as Skills with Expertise Codes and Weighting Factors as well as a step in Process of Defining Assignment Rules.
To add a skill to an assignment rule using an expertise code
- Navigate to the Administration - Assignment screen > Assignment Rules List view.
- In the Assignment Rules list, drill down on the assignment rule for which you want to add a skill, and then click the Criteria view tab.
- In the Criteria list, select New.
- In the new criteria record, click in the available fields to enter the relevant information.
- Scroll down to the Values subview, and then click New.
- In the new values record, click in the available fields to enter the relevant information.
NOTE: The assignment attributes for criteria values that are available differ depending on the assignment criterion you select in Step 4. In the example in Figure 16, the assignment attributes are: Score, Product Line, and Expertise Code.
Figure 16 shows an example of creating a required Product Line Wildcard assignment criterion that is compared to candidates. This criterion requires a minimum score of 10 and the modem product line skill with an expertise level of intermediate or better.
Figure 16. Example of Adding a Skill with an Expertise Code
In this example, only candidates with an Intermediate- or Expert-level expertise qualify for this skill and receive 20 points.
If the predefined expertise codes are not sufficient for your needs, you can create new ones. To create new expertise codes, see Creating Expertise Codes for Skills.